London counter terrorism police investigate stabbing of two teenagers

Police work at the scene of a stabbing incident that hospitalized two boys, aged 12 and 13, outside Kingsbury High School in London, Britain, February 10, 2026. The London police counter terrorism unit is investigating the incident. (Reuters)
Short Url
Updated 11 February 2026
Follow

London counter terrorism police investigate stabbing of two teenagers

  • The suspect, 13, was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and remains in custody for questioning, said detective chief superintendent ⁠at the Metropolitan Police, Luke Williams

LONDON: London police said on Tuesday it arrested a 13-year-old on suspicion of attempted murder ​after he allegedly stabbed two other teenagers at a school, and that its counter terrorism unit was leading the investigation.
The incident occurred at Kingsbury High School in Brent, northwest London, earlier on ‌Tuesday. Two ‌boys, aged ‌12 ⁠and ​13, were stabbed ‌and taken to hospital, where they remain in serious condition.
The suspect, 13, was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and remains in custody for questioning, said detective chief superintendent ⁠at the Metropolitan Police, Luke Williams.
“At ‌this very early stage, ‍we are keeping ‍an open mind as to any ‍motivation behind this attack,” Williams said. “However, due to the surrounding circumstances, the investigation is now being led by officers ​from Counter Terrorism Policing London.”
He added the incident has currently ⁠not been declared a “terrorist incident,” and that the investigation team was working to gather evidence and determine the full circumstances.
The British government has been scrambling to tackle youth knife crime after teenager Axel Rudakubana attacked a Taylor Swift-themed children’s dance in Southport in 2024, ‌killing three girls and stabbing 10 others.


Europeans push back at US over claim they face ‘civilizational erasure’

Updated 16 February 2026
Follow

Europeans push back at US over claim they face ‘civilizational erasure’

  • “Contrary to what some may say, woke, decadent Europe is not facing civilizational erasure,” Kallas told the conference

MUNICH: A top European Union official on Sunday rejected the notion that Europe faces “civilizational erasure,” pushing back at criticism of the continent by the Trump administration.
EU foreign policy chief Kaja Kallas addressed the Munich Security Conference a day after US Secretary of State Marco Rubio offered a somewhat reassuring message to European allies. He struck a less aggressive tone than Vice President JD Vance did in lecturing them at the same gathering last year but maintained a firm tone on Washington’s intent to reshape the trans-Atlantic alliance and push its policy priorities.
Kallas alluded to criticism in the US national security strategy released in December, which asserted that economic stagnation in Europe “is eclipsed by the real and more stark prospect of civilizational erasure.” It suggested that Europe is being enfeebled by its immigration policies, declining birth rates, “censorship of free speech and suppression of political opposition” and a “loss of national identities and self-confidence.”
“Contrary to what some may say, woke, decadent Europe is not facing civilizational erasure,” Kallas told the conference. “In fact, people still want to join our club and not just fellow Europeans,” she added, saying she was told when visiting Canada last year that many people there have an interest in joining the EU.
Kallas rejected what she called “European-bashing.”
“We are, you know, pushing humanity forward, trying to defend human rights and all this, which is actually bringing also prosperity for people. So that’s why it’s very hard for me to believe these accusations.”
In his conference speech, Rubio said that an end to the trans-Atlantic era “is neither our goal nor our wish,” adding that “our home may be in the Western hemisphere, but we will always be a child of Europe.”
He made clear that the Trump administration is sticking to its guns on issues such as migration, trade and climate. And European officials who addressed the gathering made clear that they in turn will stand by their values, including their approach to free speech, climate change and free trade.
British Prime Minister Keir Starmer said Saturday that Europe must defend “the vibrant, free and diverse societies that we represent, showing that people who look different to each other can live peacefully together, that this isn’t against the tenor of our times.”
“Rather, it is what makes us strong,” he said.
Kallas said Rubio’s speech sent an important message that America and Europe are and will remain intertwined.
“It is also clear that we don’t see eye to eye on all the issues and this will remain the case as well, but I think we can work from there,” she said.