Saudi Arabia announces 17 more COVID-19 deaths

Saudi Arabia announced 17 deaths from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and 395 new infections on Saturday. (File/SPA)
Short Url
Updated 24 October 2020

Saudi Arabia announces 17 more COVID-19 deaths

  • The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom has increased to 330,995
  • A total of 5,281 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far

LONDON: Saudi Arabia announced 17 deaths from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and 395 new infections on Saturday.
Of the new cases, 85 were recorded in Madinah, 42 in Yanbu, 37 in Riyadh, 32 in Makkah, 14 in Jeddah and 8 in Dammam.
The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom increased to 330,995 after 417 more patients recovered from the virus.
A total of 5,281 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far.


Arab coalition thwarts two Houthi attacks

Updated 22 January 2021

Arab coalition thwarts two Houthi attacks

  • The coalition also intercepted and destroyed an explosive-laden drone launched by the Houthis toward Saudi Arabia
  • The Saudi-led coalition since 2015 has fought the Iran-aligned Houthi movement

DUBAI: The Saudi-led coalition fighting against Yemen’s Houthi movement said it thwarted two attacks by the Houthis on Friday morning, including destroying an explosive-laden boat in the southern Red Sea, Saudi state TV said on Twitter.
The coalition also intercepted and destroyed an explosive-laden drone launched by the Houthis toward Saudi Arabia, state TV channel Ekhbariya said on Twitter.
The Saudi-led coalition since 2015 has fought the Iran-aligned Houthi movement, which has launched cross-border missile and drone attacks on Saudi cities.