Tsitsipas, Auger-Aliassime, Medvedev, Rublev lead star-studded Dubai ATP 500 lineup

1 / 5
ATP Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships 2025.
2 / 5
ATP Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships, 2025.DANIIL MEDVEDEV
3 / 5
Andrey Rublev in action against Quentin Halys of France during the ATP Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships, Tuesday 25th February, 2025.
4 / 5
Stafanos Tsitsipas of Greece with the ATP Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championship men’s trophy, Saturday 1st March, 2025.
5 / 5
NEW-YORK, USA- AUGUST 25: Images of Jack Draper from Great Britain on day 2, photo by Corinne Dubreuil/ATP Tour.
Short Url
Updated 19 January 2026
Follow

Tsitsipas, Auger-Aliassime, Medvedev, Rublev lead star-studded Dubai ATP 500 lineup

DUBAI: The Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships will again welcome a world-class men’s line-up in 2026, with defending champion Stefanos Tsitsipas joined by Felix Auger-Aliassime, Daniil Medvedev and Andrey Rublev for the ATP 500 from Feb. 23–28.

Tsitsipas will aim to defend the title he claimed last year when he capped a dominant week with victory over Auger-Aliassime. The triumph was a highlight of the Greek star’s season, underlining his ability on hard courts.

Auger-Aliassime, currently ranked world No. 7, arrives in Dubai following one of the most successful campaigns of his career. The Canadian lifted three ATP Tour titles in 2025 — Adelaide, Montpellier and Brussels — and reached the semifinals of the US Open, adding to his credentials as a leading contender after last year’s runner-up finish in Dubai.

Former champions Medvedev and Rublev join the field. Medvedev, the 2023 Dubai winner and 2021 US Open champion, remains one of the most formidable hard-court players on tour, with his tactical discipline and experience proving well suited to conditions in the UAE. Rublev, champion in 2022, returns after another consistent season, bringing his trademark intensity and powerful baseline game back to a venue where he has enjoyed notable success.

The 2026 line-up is further strengthened by world No. 10 Alexander Bublik, the 2024 Dubai finalist known for his flair and unpredictability, and British No. 1 Jack Draper, ranked world No. 11, who continued his rise with a breakthrough Masters 1000 title at Indian Wells last season. Also confirmed is world No. 17 Karen Khachanov, the Tokyo 2020 Olympic silver medalist, who enjoyed a strong 2025 and a runner-up finish at the National Bank Open in Toronto.

“We are thrilled with the strength and depth of the ATP 500 field confirmed for 2026,” said Ramesh Cidambi, managing director of Dubai Duty Free and chairman of the tournament’s organizing committee. “With Stefanos returning as defending champion, Felix coming off an exceptional season, and former champions like Daniil and Andrey in the mix, fans can expect outstanding tennis across both weeks.”

Tournament director Salah Tahlak said the event continued to be a benchmark on the men’s tour: “Year after year, the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships showcase an exceptional standard of tennis. With this caliber of players already confirmed, we are confident the 2026 ATP 500 will deliver another memorable week for fans in Dubai and audiences worldwide.”

The championships will again be staged back-to-back, with the women’s WTA 1000 tournament taking place from Feb. 15–21 followed by the men’s ATP 500 event. The women’s draw is set to feature many of the sport’s biggest names, including defending champion Mirra Andreeva, world No. 1 Aryna Sabalenka, six-time Grand Slam winner Iga Swiątek and world No. 3 Coco Gauff.

Tickets for both tournaments are now on sale via both ticketmaster.ae and the official tournament website. Prices start from 65 UAE dirhams.

The Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships is owned and organized by Dubai Duty Free and held under the patronage of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, vice president and prime minister of the UAE and ruler of Dubai.


FIFA and Board of Peace to support Gaza reconstruction through football

Updated 25 min 59 sec ago
Follow

FIFA and Board of Peace to support Gaza reconstruction through football

  • The Board of Peace, established under the US President Donald Trump, held its first meeting focused on Gaza’s reconstruction fund, aimed at rebuilding the territory once Hamas disarms

FIFA and the ‌Board of Peace signed a partnership agreement on Thursday to attract investment from global leaders and ​institutions for sustainable development in conflict-affected regions through football.
The Board of Peace, established under the US President Donald Trump, held its first meeting focused on Gaza’s reconstruction fund, aimed at rebuilding the territory once Hamas disarms.
The disarmament of ‌Hamas militants ‌and accompanying withdrawal of ​Israeli ‌troops, ⁠the ​size of ⁠the reconstruction fund and the flow of humanitarian aid to the war-torn population are expected to pose significant challenges to the board’s effectiveness in the coming months.
The FIFA collaboration plan includes building 50 mini-pitches ⁠near schools and residential areas ‌in Gaza, five ‌full-size pitches across multiple districts, ​a state-of-the-art FIFA ‌academy and a new 20,000-seat national ‌stadium, FIFA said.
Trump said FIFA will raise $75 million for football-related projects in Gaza.
“Today, FIFA and the Board of Peace have signed a landmark ‌partnership agreement that will foster investment into football for the purpose ⁠of ⁠helping the recovery process in post conflict areas,” FIFA President Gianni Infantino said in a statement.
“Together with the support of the Board of Peace, FIFA will drive this partnership which is built to deliver impact at every stage.”
The program will also emphasize job creation, youth participation, organized leagues for boys and girls, ​community engagement and ​the stimulation of local commercial activities, FIFA said.