Saudi Arabia’s Red Sea Souk welcomes storytellers

Twitter (@RedSeaFilm)
Short Url
Updated 04 December 2022
Follow

Saudi Arabia’s Red Sea Souk welcomes storytellers

  • Event offers creatives, professionals chance to create business opportunities
  • It is part of the Red Sea International Film Festival in Jeddah

JEDDAH: The Red Sea Souk returned for the second Red Sea International Film Festival in Jeddah on Saturday.
The four-day souk will be packed with pitching sessions, meetings, screenings, industry talks and networking events.
Last year’s souk had more than 3,500 accredited industry professionals and organizers, with executives from 46 countries. This year is expected to have an even bigger number of people making it happen.
Zain Zedan, souk manager at the festival, said: “I’ve been working with the RSIFF since 2019. It has been a great pleasure to see the growth of the festival over the years, and where it’s leading, and the number of great films we’re having year by year, and the projects we’re supporting and funding.”
In the souk’s exhibitors’ area, the number of companies has more than doubled since last year, from 19 to 43 from nine countries.
“We’re always trying to expand and bring an international presence … whether it’s from Africa, Arab regions or Europe,” said Zedan.
“Since it’s an international festival, we’re always trying to welcome everyone and show them the abundance of potential we have in the region.”
Referring to a challenge earlier this year whereby people created short films in 48 hours, Zedan said: “They produced them in such a short time and the results were amazing. Two of the films were selected to be part of the RSIFF. So we’re supporting people in different ways, any way we can.”

 


Jeddah governor attends ceremony marking Kuwait National Day

Updated 16 February 2026
Follow

Jeddah governor attends ceremony marking Kuwait National Day

  • Fareed bin Saad Al-Shehri, director-general of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Makkah, and members of the diplomatic corps, were also in attendance

JEDDAH: Jeddah Gov. Prince Saud bin Abdullah bin Jalawi attended a ceremony in Jeddah on Sunday to mark Kuwait’s National Day.

Prince Saud was received by Kuwait’s Consul General Yousef Abdullah Al-Tunaib and other consulate officials, the Saudi Press Agency reported.

Fareed bin Saad Al-Shehri, director-general of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Makkah, and members of the diplomatic corps, were also in attendance.