RIYADH: The president of the Arab Parliament has praised King Salman’s position on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s announcement that he will annex the Jordan Valley if he is re-elected on Tuesday.
Mishaal bin Fahm Al-Salami also welcomed King Salman’s call for an emergency Organization of Islamic Cooperation foreign minister’s meeting on the issue.
He told Saudi Press Agency that the king’s stance has highlighted the responsibilities of the entire international community to “take decisive and effective measures to stop Israel’s expansionist policies.”
Netanyahu sparked widespread condemnation after pledging on Tuesday to annex the strategic Jordan Valley, which accounts for around a third of the occupied West Bank.
Arab Parliament president praises King Salman’s position on Israel’s Jordan valley threat
Arab Parliament president praises King Salman’s position on Israel’s Jordan valley threat
- Mishaal bin Fahm Al-Salami welcomed King Salman’s call for an emergency OIC foreign minister’s meeting on the issue
Thirty four Australians released from Syrian camp holding Daesh affiliated families
- Roj camp holds more than 2,000 people from 40 different nationalities, the majority of them women and children
ROJ CAMP: Syrian Kurdish forces on Monday released 34 Australians from a camp holding families of suspected Daesh militants in northern Syria, saying they would be flown to Australia from Damascus.
Hukmiya Mohamed, a co-director of Roj camp, told Reuters that the 34 Australians had been released to members of their families who had come to Syria for the release. They were put on small buses for Damascus.
Roj camp holds more than 2,000 people from 40 different nationalities, the majority of them women and children.
Thousands of people believed to be linked to Daesh militants have been held at Roj and a second camp, Al-Hol, since the militant group was driven from its final territorial foothold in Syria in 2019.
Syrian government forces seized swathes of northern Syria from the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces in January, before agreeing a ceasefire on January 29.
The US military last week completed a mission to transfer 5,700 adult male Daesh detainees from Syria to Iraq.










