Turkiye determined to take relations with Saudi Arabia to higher level, Erdogan tells crown prince

1 / 11
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman receives Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan at Al-Yamamah Palace in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
2 / 11
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman receives Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan at Al-Yamamah Palace in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
3 / 11
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman receives Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan at Al-Yamamah Palace in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
4 / 11
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman receives Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan at Al-Yamamah Palace in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
5 / 11
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman receives Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan at Al-Yamamah Palace in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
6 / 11
Erdogan was received at King Khalid International Airport by Prince Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Abdulaziz, deputy governor of the Riyadh Region. (SPA)
7 / 11
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman receives Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan at Al-Yamamah Palace in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
8 / 11
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman receives Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan at Al-Yamamah Palace in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
9 / 11
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman receives Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan at Al-Yamamah Palace in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
10 / 11
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman receives Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan at Al-Yamamah Palace in Riyadh on Tuesday. (SPA)
11 / 11
Erdogan was received at King Khalid International Airport by Prince Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Abdulaziz, deputy governor of the Riyadh Region. (SPA)
Short Url
Updated 04 February 2026
Follow

Turkiye determined to take relations with Saudi Arabia to higher level, Erdogan tells crown prince

  • Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan held a session of talks at Al-Yamamah Palace in Riyadh on Tuesday

RIYADH: Turkiye’s President Tayyip Erdogan met Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in Riyadh on Tuesday and told him Turkiye was determined to take relations to a higher level in areas including renewable energy and defense industry, Erdogan’s office said.

Erdogan also told the Saudi crown prince that Turkiye’s support for stability in Syria would continue, and Turkiye would work in cooperation with Saudi Arabia to rebuild Syria, the Turkish presidency said in a statement.

 

Erdogan and his accompanying delegation departed Riyadh on Wednesday and were seen off at King Khalid International Airport by Deputy Governor of Riyadh Region Prince Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Abdulaziz. 

A joint Saudi-Turkish statement issued following the visit has praised the Syrian government’s measures to preserve the country’s territorial integrity and promote civil peace. It also condemned Israeli violations of Syrian territory and demanded Israel’s immediate withdrawal from all occupied Syrian territories. 

The statement also called for restoring peace and stability in Sudan, Palestinian territories and Yemen.

It condemned the Israeli aggressions in Gaza, calling for a ceasefire and an end for the Israeli occupation.

Turkiye commended the Saudi efforts to resolve the Yemeni crisis, and the Kingdom’s organization for an inclusive dialogue in Riyadh that brings together all of Yemen’s southern factions. 

Both countries stressed on the need to confront any support for internal entities in Yemen that aim to undermine its security and stability. 

Saudi Arabia and Turkiye also stressed on the need to launch a Sudanese-led political process through a civilian government, the  statement said. 

Earlier on Tuesday, the crown prince received Erdogan at Al-Yamamah Palace in Riyadh, where the two leaders held a session of talks.

The Turkish leader was welcomed by the deputy governor of the Riyadh Region Prince Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Abdulaziz and other senior Saudi officials during his arrival at King Khalid International Airport.

– with Reuters


King Salman launches housing donation campaign

Updated 5 sec ago
Follow

King Salman launches housing donation campaign

RIYADH: King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman have launched a “Generosity from Us and Within Us” housing campaign, the Saudi Press Agency reported on Wednesday.

The leaders have donated a total of SR150 million ($40 million) to provide housing for families in need.

Municipalities and Housing Minister Majed Al-Hogail thanked the leaders for their continued support for housing initiatives across the Kingdom.

He highlighted the significant impact of previous generous donations in achieving developmental housing targets.