MOSCOW: Russia on Wednesday condemned an Israeli attack against Hamas members in Qatar’s capital Doha and urged all parties to refrain from actions that would further escalate the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
“Russia considers this incident a gross violation of international law and the UN Charter, an encroachment on the sovereignty and territorial integrity of an independent state, and a step leading to further escalation and destabilization of the situation in the Middle East,” the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
“Such methods of fighting those whom Israel considers its enemies and opponents deserve the strongest condemnation.”
US President Donald Trump said he was “very unhappy about every aspect” of the Israeli strike and would be giving a full statement on the issue on Wednesday.
“The rocket attack on Qatar ... cannot be perceived as anything other than an action aimed at undermining international efforts to find peaceful solutions,” Russia said.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, in a later telephone call with Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani, described the attack as “a violation of international law and an unacceptable encroachment on the sovereignty and territorial integrity of friendly Qatar.”
A Russian Foreign Ministry statement quoted Lavrov as saying there was a danger the Israeli action could “lead to further destabilization in the Middle East.”
The statement said the Qatari prime minister noted Russia’s “clear and principled position” in support of Qatar’s sovereignty and independence.
Russia condemns Israeli strike on Qatar as ‘gross violation’ of UN charter
Short Url
https://arab.news/4taej
Russia condemns Israeli strike on Qatar as ‘gross violation’ of UN charter
- “Russia considers this incident a gross violation of international law and the UN Charter,” the Russian Foreign Ministry said
- Lavrov said there was a danger the Israeli action could “lead to further destabilization in the Middle East“
Thirty four Australians released from Syrian camp holding Daesh affiliated families
ROJ CAMP: Syrian Kurdish forces on Monday released 34 Australians from a camp holding families of suspected Daesh militants in northern Syria, saying they would be flown to Australia from Damascus.
Hukmiya Mohamed, a co-director of Roj camp, told Reuters that the 34 Australians had been released to members of their families who had come to Syria for the release. They were put on small buses for Damascus.
Roj camp holds more than 2,000 people from 40 different nationalities, the majority of them women and children.
Thousands of people believed to be linked to Daesh militants have been held at Roj and a second camp, Al-Hol, since the militant group was driven from its final territorial foothold in Syria in 2019.
Syrian government forces seized swathes of northern Syria from the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces in January, before agreeing a ceasefire on January 29.
The US military last week completed a mission to transfer 5,700 adult male Daesh detainees from Syria to Iraq.
Hukmiya Mohamed, a co-director of Roj camp, told Reuters that the 34 Australians had been released to members of their families who had come to Syria for the release. They were put on small buses for Damascus.
Roj camp holds more than 2,000 people from 40 different nationalities, the majority of them women and children.
Thousands of people believed to be linked to Daesh militants have been held at Roj and a second camp, Al-Hol, since the militant group was driven from its final territorial foothold in Syria in 2019.
Syrian government forces seized swathes of northern Syria from the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces in January, before agreeing a ceasefire on January 29.
The US military last week completed a mission to transfer 5,700 adult male Daesh detainees from Syria to Iraq.
© 2026 SAUDI RESEARCH & PUBLISHING COMPANY, All Rights Reserved And subject to Terms of Use Agreement.










