Saudi Arabia’s Masam project clears 1,058 bombs from Yemen

Since its launch, the Masam project has removed 484,401 explosive devices across the country. (SPA)
Short Url
Updated 11 March 2025
Follow

Saudi Arabia’s Masam project clears 1,058 bombs from Yemen

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia’s Project for Landmine Clearance, or Masam, removed 1,058 explosive devices from several parts of Yemen during the first week of March.

The KSrelief-led project cleared 1,034 unexploded ordnances and 24 anti-tank mines, the Saudi Press Agency reported on Tuesday.

Since its launch, the Masam project has removed 484,401 explosive devices across the country.


Saudi project clears 2,676 explosive devices in Yemen

Updated 22 February 2026
Follow

Saudi project clears 2,676 explosive devices in Yemen

  • Ousama Al-Gosaibi, Project Masam’s managing director, said the initiative had cleared a total of 544,187 mines since it began in 2018

RIYADH: Members of Saudi Arabia’s Project Masam removed 2,108 explosive devices from various regions of Yemen last week.

The total included 2,484 unexploded ordnances, 149 anti-tank mines, 17 anti-personnel mines and 26 improvised explosive devices, according to a recent report.

The explosives were planted indiscriminately and posed a threat to civilians, including children, women and the elderly.

The demining operations took place in Marib, Aden, Jouf, Shabwa, Taiz, Hodeidah, Lahij, Sanaa, Al-Bayda, Al-Dhale and Saada.

Ousama Al-Gosaibi, Project Masam’s managing director, said the initiative had cleared a total of 544,187 mines since it began in 2018.

Teams are tasked with clearing villages, roads and schools to facilitate the safe movement of civilians and delivery of humanitarian aid.

The project trains local demining engineers, provides them with modern equipment, and offers support to Yemenis injured by the devices.