TEL AVIV: Israel’s airports authority said operations at its main airport near Tel Aviv were not affected after Hezbollah claimed it fired missiles at an Israeli military base nearby on Wednesday.
“Ben Gurion airport is open and operating as normal for takeoffs and landings,” the authority’s spokeswoman, Liza Dvir, told AFP, adding that the runway had been unaffected.
Lebanon’s Hezbollah said it fired missiles at an Israeli military base near the airport on Wednesday, the first such attack in more than a month of war.
In a statement, the Iran-backed group said the salvo of missiles targeted the Tzrifin military base near Ben Gurion International Airport, south of the Israeli commercial hub of Tel Aviv.
Images posted on social media showed smoke rising near the airport while AFP photos from Ben Gurion showed no damage on the tarmac.
The Israeli military did not confirm whether the base had been targeted.
It said that “approximately 10 projectiles crossed from Lebanon” following sirens in northern and central Israel.
“Most of the projectiles were intercepted and one fallen projectile was identified in central Israel,” it added.
Israel airport says operations unaffected after Hezbollah claims missile attack
https://arab.news/6teh6
Israel airport says operations unaffected after Hezbollah claims missile attack
- “Ben Gurion airport is open and operating as normal for takeoffs and landings,” the authority’s spokeswoman said
- Lebanon’s Hezbollah said it fired missiles at an Israeli military base near the airport on Wednesday, the first such attack in more than a month of war
Israel police to deploy around Al-Aqsa for Ramadan, Palestinians report curbs
- The Al-Aqsa compound is a central symbol of Palestinian identity and also a frequent flashpoint
JERUSALEM: Israeli police said Monday that they would deploy in force around the Al?Aqsa Mosque during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which begins this week, as Palestinian officials accused Israel of imposing restrictions at the compound.
Over the course of the month of fasting and prayer, hundreds of thousands of Palestinians traditionally attend prayers at Al?Aqsa — Islam’s third-holiest site, located in east Jerusalem, which Israel captured in 1967 and later annexed.
Arad Braverman, a senior Jerusalem police officer, said forces would be deployed “day and night” across the compound, known to Jews as the Temple Mount, and in the surrounding area.
He said thousands of police would also be on duty for Friday prayers, which draw the largest crowds of Muslim worshippers.
Braverman said police had recommended issuing 10,000 permits for Palestinians from the occupied West Bank, who require special permission to enter Jerusalem.
He did not say whether age limits would apply, adding that the final number of people would be decided by the government.
The Palestinian Jerusalem Governorate said in a separate statement it had been informed that permits would again be restricted to men over 55 and women over 50, mirroring last year’s criteria.
It said Israeli authorities had blocked the Islamic Waqf — the Jordanian?run body administering the site — from carrying out routine preparations, including installing shade structures and setting up temporary medical clinics.
A Waqf source confirmed the restrictions and said 33 of its employees had been barred from entering the compound in the week before Ramadan.
The Al-Aqsa compound is a central symbol of Palestinian identity and also a frequent flashpoint.
Under long?standing arrangements, Jews may visit the compound — which they revere as the site of their second temple, destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD — but they are not permitted to pray there.
Israel says it is committed to maintaining this status quo, though Palestinians fear it is being eroded.
Braverman reiterated Monday that no changes were planned.
In recent years, a growing number of Jewish ultranationalists have challenged the prayer ban, including far?right politician Itamar Ben?Gvir, who prayed at the site while serving as national security minister in 2024 and 2025.










