DUBAI: Manchester City have announced that Pep Guardiola has signed a two-year contract extension.
His latest deal means that he will remain at the Etihad until the summer of 2025.
Guardiola has so far won 11 major trophies during his tenure, including four of the last five Premier League titles.
Across all competitions, he has won 271 of the 374 matches he has overseen — a remarkable win percentage of 72.4 percent. City have scored 921 goals during that period, at an average of 2.46 goals per game.
His 374 games in charge leave him second only to Les McDowall — who managed 587 between 1950 and 1963 — on City’s list of longest-serving post-war managers.
Club Chairman Khaldoon Al-Mubarak said: “I am delighted that Pep’s journey with Manchester City Football Club will continue. He has already contributed so much to the success and fabric of this organization, and it’s exciting to think what might be possible given the energy, hunger and ambition that he clearly still has.
“Under his very special leadership, our first team has accomplished so much, whilst continuously playing, and constantly evolving, a City style of football that is admired the world over. Like every City fan, I am looking forward to what lies ahead.”
Guardiola said: “I am so pleased to be staying at Manchester City for another two years.
“I can’t say thank you enough to everyone at the club for trusting me. I am happy and comfortable, and I have everything I need to do my job as best as possible.
“I know the next chapter of this club will be amazing for the next decade. It happened over the last 10 years, and it will happen in the next 10 years because this club is so stable.
“From day one, I felt something special being here. I cannot be in a better place.
“I still have the feeling there is more we can achieve together, and that is why I want to stay and continue fighting for trophies.”
Pep Guardiola signs two-year contract extension at Manchester City
Short Url
https://arab.news/5fu7c
Pep Guardiola signs two-year contract extension at Manchester City
- The new deal will keep the Spanish coach at the Etihad till 2025
- Club Chairman Khaldoon Al-Mubarak said: “I am delighted that Pep’s journey with Manchester City Football Club will continue”
Del Toro wins shortened UAE Tour first stage
- Mexican youngster Isaac Del Toro powered to victory in a sprint finish in a shortened opening stage of the UAE Tour on Monday
LIWA OASIS: Mexican youngster Isaac Del Toro powered to victory in a sprint finish in a shortened opening stage of the UAE Tour on Monday.
The 22-year-old, who finished second in last year’s Giro d’Italia, made a perfect start to his race by beating Dutchman Cees Bol and Italy’s Antonio Tiberi to the finish line of a stage reduced from 144km to 118km due to high winds.
It was an impressive display of strength from Del Toro, getting the better of the pure sprinters.
“It’s unbelievable, it’s crazy,” Del Toro said. “I don’t know exactly (how it happened) but I just see the chance and I don’t want to regret it.”
Italian Jonathan Milan was expected to be in the frame for the stage win but crashed heavily at a roundabout 1,500m from the end.
Del Toro, who rides for UAE Team Emirates, is hoping to follow in the footsteps of his teammate Tadej Pogacar who won the race last year.
Belgian star Remco Evenepoel is likely to be one of his main challengers, after two-time Tour de France champion Jonas Vingegaard pulled out ahead of the first stage due to a recent crash and illness.
Tuesday’s second stage is a 12km time-trial.
The 22-year-old, who finished second in last year’s Giro d’Italia, made a perfect start to his race by beating Dutchman Cees Bol and Italy’s Antonio Tiberi to the finish line of a stage reduced from 144km to 118km due to high winds.
It was an impressive display of strength from Del Toro, getting the better of the pure sprinters.
“It’s unbelievable, it’s crazy,” Del Toro said. “I don’t know exactly (how it happened) but I just see the chance and I don’t want to regret it.”
Italian Jonathan Milan was expected to be in the frame for the stage win but crashed heavily at a roundabout 1,500m from the end.
Del Toro, who rides for UAE Team Emirates, is hoping to follow in the footsteps of his teammate Tadej Pogacar who won the race last year.
Belgian star Remco Evenepoel is likely to be one of his main challengers, after two-time Tour de France champion Jonas Vingegaard pulled out ahead of the first stage due to a recent crash and illness.
Tuesday’s second stage is a 12km time-trial.
© 2026 SAUDI RESEARCH & PUBLISHING COMPANY, All Rights Reserved And subject to Terms of Use Agreement.










