DUBAI: Jordan will stop isolating buildings affected by coronavirus and will instead require people with the virus or might have encountered those infected, to self-quarantine at home until they receive their test results, state news agency Petra reported citing Minister of State for Media Affairs Amjad Adaileh.
Adaileh said the new measure was taken following a meeting held on Monday by the Coronavirus Crisis Cell.
The minister also said the decision to place children under 18-years-old under home quarantine has been made based on the recommendation of the health ministry and after a thorough examination of all pertinent aspects.
He added that “the guardians of the infected children will have to make a written undertaking to home quarantine their children and their contacts,” the report said. They are obliged to stay home until the results come out, it added.
Authorities said violators of the law will be subject to three years in prison and/or a $4,231 fine.
Jordan to stop isolating coronavirus infected buildings
https://arab.news/jx8pt
Jordan to stop isolating coronavirus infected buildings
- Adaileh said the new measure was taken following a meeting held on Monday by the Coronavirus Crisis Cell
- Authorities said violators of the law will be subject to three years in prison and/or a $4,231 fine
The UN says Al-Hol camp population has dropped sharply as Syria moves to relocate remaining families
The UN says Al-Hol camp population has dropped sharply as Syria moves to relocate remaining families
- Forces of Syria’s central government captured the Al-Hol camp on Jan. 21 during a weekslong offensive against the SDF, which had been running the camp near the border with Iraq for a decade
DAMASCUS: The UN refugee agency said Sunday that a large number of residents of a camp housing family members of suspected Daesh group militants have left and the Syrian government plans to relocate those who remain.
Gonzalo Vargas Llosa, UNHCR’s representative in Syria, said in a statement that the agency “has observed a significant decrease in the number of residents in Al-Hol camp in recent weeks.”
“Syrian authorities have informed UNHCR of their plan to relocate the remaining families to Akhtarin camp in Aleppo Governorate (province) and have requested UNHCR’s support to assist the population in the new camp, which we stand ready to provide,” he said.
He added that UNHCR “will continue to support the return and reintegration of Syrians who have departed Al-Hol, as well as those who remain.”
The statement did not say how residents had left the camp or how many remain. Many families are believed to have escaped either during the chaos when government forces captured the camp from the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces last month or afterward.
There was no immediate statement from the Syrian government and a government spokesperson did not respond to a request for comment.
At its peak after the defeat of IS in Syria in 2019, around 73,000 people were living at Al-Hol. Since then, the number has declined with some countries repatriating their citizens. The camp’s residents are mostly children and women, including many wives or widows of IS members.
The camp’s residents are not technically prisoners and most have not been accused of crimes, but they have been held in de facto detention at the heavily guarded facility.
Forces of Syria’s central government captured the Al-Hol camp on Jan. 21 during a weekslong offensive against the SDF, which had been running the camp near the border with Iraq for a decade. A ceasefire deal has since ended the fighting.
Separately, thousands of accused IS militants who were held in detention centers in northeastern Syria have been transferred to Iraq to stand trial under an agreement with the US
The US military said Friday that it had completed the transfer of more than 5,700 adult male IS suspects from detention facilities in Syria to Iraqi custody.
Iraq’s National Center for International Judicial Cooperation said a total of 5,704 suspects from 61 countries who were affiliated with IS — most of them Syrian and Iraqi — were transferred from prisons in Syria. They are now being interrogated in Iraq.










