As many as 5,000 Indian expats have been employed in various fields and by different companies following proactive measures taken by the Indian Consulate to help Indians affected by the new labor laws.
Indian Consul General Faiz Ahmed Kidwai said yesterday that since the announcement of the grace period, the consulate had vigorously taken up a drive to help eligible Indians find employment.
The success ratio was fairly high with candidates ranging from labor to engineers, who had been declared “absconders” by their sponsors or those who fall under the red Nitaqat zone and even those who had not been able to renew their iqamas with their current sponsors, finding suitable jobs, he said, adding that everyday hundreds of candidates were being interviewed by potential employers in the consulate premises.
Stating that over a dozen employers including high-profile business houses and industrial organizations were deputing their representatives to the consulate to conduct spot interviews, he said many business organizations had also set up recruitment stalls in the consulate premises. The consulate hoped to far exceed the 5,000-mark by the end of the grace period, he said.
Job fairs will also be conducted on June 20 and June 27 with the intention of providing job opportunities to Indians who had been declared “huroob” or whose sponsors fall under red category or who have not been able to renew their iqamas with their current sponsors. These job fairs were expected to throw up another 4,000 jobs to eligible candidates.
5,000 Nitaqat-hit Indians find jobs
5,000 Nitaqat-hit Indians find jobs
King Salman, crown prince share Ramadan greetings with leaders of Islamic nations
- The Saudi Supreme Court announced the sighting of the crescent moon on Tuesday, meaning the holy month would begin on Wednesday
RIYADH: On the announcement of the start of Ramadan, King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman received congratulatory messages from leaders of Islamic countries, the Saudi Press Agency reported Tuesday.
The Saudi Supreme Court announced the sighting of the crescent moon on Tuesday, meaning the holy month would begin on Wednesday.
The king and crown prince sent replies thanking the leaders for their wishes and prayers.
They also prayed for Ramadan to return goodness, blessings, and lasting security and stability to the Islamic nation, SPA added.
© 2026 SAUDI RESEARCH & PUBLISHING COMPANY, All Rights Reserved And subject to Terms of Use Agreement.









