RIYADH: A Saudi man was executed by beheading on Thursday in Quwayiyah for killing a compatriot, the official Saudi Press Agency reported, quoting a Ministry of Interior statement.
Shabib bin Thuwab bin Othman Al-Muqati Al-Otaibi was found guilty by a court of killing Faleh bin Nasser bin Snhat Al-Shaibani with a machine gun over a dispute, said the report.
Quwayiyah, a small town in Riyadh province, is located 175 kilometers southwest of the capital city.
"The statement confirmed the determination of the Saudi government on establishing security, achieving justice and implementing Shariah provisions against whoever infringes on innocent people's rights and sheds their blood," the SPA said.
Accused in Quwayiyah machine-gun killing executed
Accused in Quwayiyah machine-gun killing executed
Saudi project clears 2,676 explosive devices in Yemen
- Ousama Al-Gosaibi, Project Masam’s managing director, said the initiative had cleared a total of 544,187 mines since it began in 2018
RIYADH: Members of Saudi Arabia’s Project Masam removed 2,108 explosive devices from various regions of Yemen last week.
The total included 2,484 unexploded ordnances, 149 anti-tank mines, 17 anti-personnel mines and 26 improvised explosive devices, according to a recent report.
The explosives were planted indiscriminately and posed a threat to civilians, including children, women and the elderly.
The demining operations took place in Marib, Aden, Jouf, Shabwa, Taiz, Hodeidah, Lahij, Sanaa, Al-Bayda, Al-Dhale and Saada.
Ousama Al-Gosaibi, Project Masam’s managing director, said the initiative had cleared a total of 544,187 mines since it began in 2018.
Teams are tasked with clearing villages, roads and schools to facilitate the safe movement of civilians and delivery of humanitarian aid.
The project trains local demining engineers, provides them with modern equipment, and offers support to Yemenis injured by the devices.









