Jon Rahm putts his way to 2nd round lead at LIV Adelaide

Captain Jon Rahm of Legion XIII celebrates during the second round of the LIV Golf tournament at Grange Golf Club, Friday, Feb. 13, 2026 in Adelaide, Australia. (LIV Golf/AP)
Short Url
Updated 13 February 2026
Follow

Jon Rahm putts his way to 2nd round lead at LIV Adelaide

  • A two-time LIV individual season champ, Rahm is looking for his first tournament win since 2024

ADELAIDE: Jon Rahm fired a 63 on Friday to ‌take a one-stroke lead into the third round of LIV Golf Adelaide in Australia.

Rahm posted a bogey-free round at Grange Golf Club that included seven birdies — ​five of them on the back nine — and an eagle on the 561-yard par-5 No. 7 hole to move to 13-under for 
the tournament.
The Spaniard stands one shot ahead of Ben Campbell, who also recorded seven birdies and an eagle for his 9-under round of 63.
Bryson DeChambeau is in third place at 11-under after 
shooting a 67.
Rahm can credit his success on Friday to ‌his putting. ‌His eagle on No. 7 was courtesy of ​a ‌47-foot putt, ​and he also holed five more putts of between 10 and 25 feet. He made about 150 feet 
of putts. A two-time LIV individual season champ, Rahm is looking for his first tournament win 
since 2024.
“I can’t remember the last time I made this many, but it was a lot — and the ones that didn’t go in looked like they were going to go in,” Rahm said. “It was a ‌fantastic day on the greens.”
Campbell, of ‌New Zealand, is seeking his first win ​in Australia as a pro. ‌He had a contingent of family and friends 
following him.
“It’s great,” ‌Campbell said of his support system. “It’s as close to I get playing at home. Everyone has been amazing.”
Without the windy conditions of Thursday, the course played easier on Friday. The stroke average of 69.035 bested the opening round ‌by more than 
two strokes.
Thirteen different players recorded eagles or better on Friday. David Puig of Spain made the third albatross in league history with his 2 on the par-5 10th hole.
One of those eagles belonged to DeChambeau, who had an up-and-down round that also included five birdies and 
two bogeys.
“I was scrambling all day, and that’s something you just can’t do if you’re trying to win a golf tournament,” DeChambeau said.
In fourth place is Anthony Kim (67 on Friday) at 10-under with Talor Gooch (63) and Branden Grace of South Africa (64) in fifth place at 9-under.
On the team front, Campbell’s round helped to propel the RangeGoats into ​a tie for first at 23-under ​with Dustin Johnson’s 4Aces, aided by Kim’s performance.
Those teams are one shot ahead of Rahm’s Legion XIII as well as Ripper GC and 
Torque ​GC.


Postecoglou admits taking Nottingham Forest post a ‘bad decision’

Updated 5 sec ago
Follow

Postecoglou admits taking Nottingham Forest post a ‘bad decision’

  • Postecoglou, 60, was appointed as Nuno Espirito Santo’s successor in September
  • “There’s no point me blaming it on ‘I didn’t get time’ or anything,” said Postecoglou

LONDON: Ange Postecoglou has said he has only himself to blame for an extraordinarily brief reign as Nottingham Forest manager, with the Australian accepting he made “a bad decision” taking on the job with the Premier League strugglers.
Postecoglou, 60, was appointed as Nuno Espirito Santo’s successor in September.
But infamously impatient Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis sacked Postecoglou just 39 days later, after the experienced manager lost six of his eight games in charge.
Postecoglou, reflecting on his time at Forest for the Overlap podcast, said an over-eagerness to get back into management after his departure from Tottenham Hotspur three months earlier, had been the root cause of his troubles at the City Ground.
“There’s no point me blaming it on ‘I didn’t get time’ or anything,” said Postecoglou. “I should never have gone in there. That was on me. That was a bad decision by me to go in there. I’ve got to take ownership of that.
“It was too soon after Tottenham. I was taking over at a time where they were kind of used to doing things a certain way and I’m obviously going to do things differently. I’ve got to cop that, that was my mistake. It’s no-one else’s fault.”
Postecoglou remains without a club but he has ruled out returning to Celtic, where he enjoyed a successful two-year stint from 2021-23, with the 73-year-old Martin O’Neill currently in caretaker charge of the Scottish champions until the end of the season.
“I loved Celtic, it’s a wonderful football club,” said Postecoglou, who left the Glasgow giants to join Spurs. “If I was younger, I probably would have stayed there longer. I probably would have stayed there three, four years.
“I think I could have made progress with them in Europe but at the time, it had taken me a long time to get to this sort of space, and the opportunity to join Tottenham was too good.
“In terms of going back, I don’t go back. I just don’t think that’s kind of been my career.
“Whatever the next step is, it’ll be something new, somewhere I can make an impact in, somewhere I can win things, but it doesn’t diminish the affection I have for Celtic.”