Trump plans to announce Gaza funding plan, troops at first Board of Peace meeting, US officials say

Palestinians displaced during the two-year Israeli offensive shelter at a tent camp in Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip, February 10, 2026. (Reuters)
Short Url
Updated 12 February 2026
Follow

Trump plans to announce Gaza funding plan, troops at first Board of Peace meeting, US officials say

  • Deployment of International Stabilization Force key part of next phase of plan, announced ‌in September
  • Delegations from at least 20 countries, including many heads of state, expected to attend meeting in Washington

WASHINGTON: President Donald Trump will announce a multi-billion dollar reconstruction plan for Gaza and detail plans for a ​UN-authorized stabilization force for the Palestinian enclave at the first formal meeting of his Board of Peace next week, two senior US officials said on Thursday.
Delegations from at least 20 countries, including many heads of state, are expected to attend the meeting in Washington, D.C., which Trump will chair on February 19, the officials told Reuters on condition of anonymity.
The details on Trump’s plans for the first meeting of his Board of Peace for Gaza have not been previously reported.
Trump signed documents in Davos, Switzerland, on January ‌23 establishing the Board ‌of Peace. The board’s creation was endorsed by a ​United ‌Nations ⁠Security Council ​resolution ⁠as part of Trump’s Gaza plan.
While regional Middle East powers, including Turkiye, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Qatar, as well as major emerging nations such as Indonesia, have joined the board, global powers and traditional Western US allies have been more cautious.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Wednesday during his visit to Washington that Israel has joined the board.

Trump has stirred concerns that the Board of Peace might try to resolve other conflicts around the world and compete ⁠with the United Nations.

The US officials said the meeting next ‌week will focus solely on Gaza. They said a ‌central part of the meeting will be Trump’s announcement of ​a multi-billion-dollar fund for Gaza, which ‌will include monetary contributions from participating board members.

One official called the offers “generous” and said ‌that the United States had not made any explicit requests for donations. “People have come to us offering,” the official said.

“The president will make announcements vis a vis the money raised.”
Stabilization force
Deployment of the International Stabilization Force is a key part of the next phase of Trump’s Gaza plan, announced ‌in September. Under the first phase, a fragile ceasefire in the two-year-old war began on October 10 and Hamas has released hostages ⁠while Israel has ⁠freed detained Palestinians.
Trump will announce that several countries plan to provide several thousand troops to the stabilization force that is expected to deploy in Gaza in the months ahead, the officials said.
A primary concern for now is disarming Hamas fighters who have been reluctant to give up their weapons. Under Trump’s Gaza plan, Hamas members who commit to peaceful co-existence and to decommission their weapons will be given amnesty. Members of Hamas who wish to leave Gaza will be provided safe passage to receiving countries, under the plan.
The Board of Peace meetings will also include detailed reports on the work of the National Committee for the Administration of Gaza, which was established to take over the day-to-day civil administration ​of Gaza Strip from Hamas. The committee ​announced its members and held its first meeting in January.
Other updates will cover humanitarian aid for Gaza as well as the Gaza police, the officials said.


Palestinians from West Bank arrive at Israeli checkpoints for first Friday prayers of Ramadan

Updated 5 sec ago
Follow

Palestinians from West Bank arrive at Israeli checkpoints for first Friday prayers of Ramadan

Palestinian worshippers coming from West Bank cities arrived at Israeli checkpoints on Friday hoping to cross to attend first Friday prayers of Ramadan at al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem.

Some said they were not allowed to enter and were asked to go back.

Israeli authorities said they would only allow up to 10,000 Palestinian worshippers from the West Bank to attend prayers at al-Aqsa, as security forces stepped up deployments across the city.

Police said preparations for Ramadan had been completed, with large numbers of officers and border police to be deployed in the Old City, around holy sites and along routes used by worshippers. 

Israel's COGAT, a military agency that controls access to the West Bank and Gaza, said that entry to Jerusalem from the West Bank would be capped at 10,000 worshippers. Men aged 55 and over and women aged 50 and over will be eligible to enter, along with children up to age 12 accompanied by a first-degree relative, COGAT said. 

Al-Aqsa lies at the heart of Jerusalem's old city. It is Islam's third holiest site and known to Jews as Temple Mount.