Jameel Motorsport launches first Saudi team in Extreme E and FIA Extreme H World Cup

Jameel Motorsport has launched the first Saudi team in Extreme E and FIA Extreme H World Cup. (Supplied)
Short Url
Updated 02 October 2025
Follow

Jameel Motorsport launches first Saudi team in Extreme E and FIA Extreme H World Cup

  • Team will be represented by one of Extreme E’s most successful driver pairings — Kevin Hansen and Molly Taylor

JEDDAH: Jameel Motorsport has announced its entry in Extreme E and the FIA Extreme H World Cup. Behind the wheel will be one of the most successful driver pairings in Extreme E history, Kevin Hansen and Molly Taylor.

The championship’s first and only Saudi Arabian team, Team Jameel Motorsport, will be competing in both Extreme competitions, beginning with Extreme E’s Final Lap (Oct. 4-5) before the FIA Extreme H World Cup presented by PIF launches in Qiddiya City the following week (Oct. 9-11).

Officially launched in December 2023, Jameel Motorsport has steadily built a name for itself ever since, establishing Rally Jameel, the first off-road navigation rally for women in the Middle East; supporting the Saudi Toyota Championship, the biggest motorsport championship in the region; and other grassroots racing programs such as the GR Saudi Driving School.

Jameel Motorsport sponsors Yazeed Al-Rajhi, part of the Overdrive Racing team, who won the 2025 Dakar Rally — the first time a Saudi Arabian team has won the famous event. Its entry into Extreme E and Extreme H with Hansen and Taylor reflects Jameel Motorsport’s commitment to innovation and competition and provides a strong addition to its long list of achievements so far.

In addition to this, Jameel Motorsport is advancing sustainable motorsport through a sponsorship with ROOKIE Racing, which fosters Saudi talent and inclusivity, while winning international marketing and digital innovation awards in the process.

Munir Khoja, managing director of Jameel Motorsport, said: “Joining Extreme E and the FIA Extreme H World Cup marks a bold move for Jameel Motorsport, demonstrating our dedication to innovation, sustainability, and the thrill of competition. This collaboration aligns perfectly with Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030, advancing a vibrant society and a thriving economy through cutting-edge motorsport.

“We remain committed to supporting the growth of motorsport locally and globally as well as positioning Saudi Arabia as a leader in sustainable motorsport.”

Hansen is one of rallycross’s biggest stars. The young Swede won the 2016 European Rallycross title and has finished in the top three in the FIA World Rallycross Championship three times — he was third in 2019 and runner-up in 2023 and 2024, with four event victories to his name in the series too. Hansen also won the second Nitro Rallycross competition at the 2019 Nitro World Games, and with five Extreme E victories to date, is the series’ second-most-successful male driver.

“To be part of Jameel Motorsport’s debut in Extreme E and Extreme H is a huge honor,” Hansen said. “Molly and I have shared so many battles and victories together, and now we get the chance to represent the first Saudi Arabian team in this new chapter of sustainable motorsport. Competing in Saudi Arabia, with its deep commitment to innovation with Vision 2030, makes this even more special. I can’t wait to get behind the wheel and help write the next page in Extreme history.”

Taylor made her name in rallying. The Australian was the 2009 and 2010 ladies champion in the British Rally Championship, and has three titles in her native country, taking the T16 crown in the Australian Rally Championship in 2007 and 2008, and the overall crown in 2016. Taylor is also an Extreme E champion, having won Season 1 with Johan Kristoffersson for Rosberg X Racing, and with eight X Prix wins under her belt, she is the series’ most successful female driver.

“This is such an exciting step, both to be back racing with Kevin and to join Jameel Motorsport as they enter Extreme E and Extreme H,” Taylor said. “From Day 1, Extreme racing has been about proving what’s possible in sport, technology, and sustainability, and to now be part of the first Saudi team on the grid is a privilege. Racing in Qiddiya City, against the backdrop of the Tuwaiq Mountains, will be an unforgettable way to launch this next era.”

Alejandro Agag, founder and CEO of Extreme E and Extreme H, said he was “delighted” to welcome Jameel Motorsport to Extreme E and Extreme H as the first ever Saudi Arabian team.

“Jameel Motorsport’s proven record in developing motorsport at every level, from grassroots initiatives to world-class competitions like Dakar Rally and Rally Raid, along with their leadership in advancing female talent through drivers such as Dania Akeel, reflects our own mission to push boundaries and inspire change,” he said. “With Kevin Hansen and Molly Taylor, two of the most successful drivers in Extreme E history, this team is perfectly placed to make an immediate impact.”

Qiddiya City is the world’s first city built entirely for play, where entertainment, sport, and culture converge. The race will take place with the dramatic backdrop of the Tuwaiq Mountains, close to the site currently being transformed to become a world-leading motorsport venue.

The FIA Extreme H World Cup presented by PIF will be the first international race event to use hydrogen-powered vehicles; marking a new future for motorsport, defined by cutting-edge technology and bold ambition.


PSG rally from early deficit to beat Monaco 3-2 away in Champions League playoff

Updated 18 February 2026
Follow

PSG rally from early deficit to beat Monaco 3-2 away in Champions League playoff

  • PSG are now in an advantageous position for the return leg in Paris next Wednesday as they look to progress to next month’s last 16

MONACO: Champions League holders Paris St. Germain overcame a horror start and a two-goal deficit to beat 10-man Monaco 3-2 away in the first leg ​of their knockout round playoff tie on Tuesday.
Desire Doue came off the bench to engineer an impressive turnaround for PSG, who conceded a goal in the opening minute and were 2-0 down after 18 minutes as Folarin Balogun grabbed a double for the hosts.
The 20-year-old Doue replaced Ballon d’Or winner Ousmane Dembele, who went off injured after 27 minutes, and proved decisive for the visitors as he struck two superb goals plus set up one for Achraf Hakimi.
Monaco spent most of the second half down to 10 men after Aleksandr Golovin was shown a red card for a studs-up tackle that raked ‌down the shin ‌of Vitinha with the referee upgrading his original caution to a ​sending ‌off ⁠after ​consulting ⁠the touchline VAR screen.
PSG are now in an advantageous position for the return leg in Paris next Wednesday as they look to progress to next month’s last 16.
However, the European champions were in all sorts of trouble after 56 seconds when their fullback Nuno Mendes had a stray cross-field pass cut out in midfield, handing Monaco a first attack with Golovin chipping for Balogun to head home from close range.
Monaco looked to be in the driving seat as Balogun netted a second goal after Maghnes Akliouche’s cleverly weighted pass allowed ⁠the American striker to outsprint PSG captain Marquinhos and score.

PSG WASTE PENALTY OPPORTUNITY ‌BUT STILL WIN
Their fortunes were still looking good despite a ‌defensive slip by Wout Faes, which led to the defender pulling ​back on Khvicha Kvaratskhelia and giving away a ‌22nd-minute penalty, but Vitinha’s effort was saved by Philipp Kohn.
But the tie swung as Doue came ‌on for Dembele and scored with his first touch in the 29th minute with a left-footed effort after being teed up by Bradley Barcola. The goal was confirmed after a VAR check denied Monaco’s claims for a foul on defender Vanderson in the buildup.
Doue’s rifling shot in the 41st minute was parried away by Kohn, but Hakimi ‌reacted quickly to pounce on the rebound and make it 2-2 before the break.
Golovin’s dismissal in the 48th minute left Monaco on the back ⁠foot as the visitors then ⁠dominated proceedings and should have had more than just the 67th-minute winner from Doue – another superbly struck shot that flew into the goal from the edge of the penalty area.
“I didn’t feel I had to show something starting on the bench, I tried to play as usual. Tonight it paid off. I was able to score, to help the team. That’s my job,” Doue said.
“The coach makes his choices, he thinks about putting the best players in the team. Tonight he fielded this starting eleven, which is very good. Whether it’s a defeat or a victory, it’s always a team effort.”
PSG midfielder Warren Zaire-Emery missed a couple of good chances and Hakimi came close to a late fourth goal when his 86th-minute angled effort went close across the face of the goal.
“Disappointment is the overriding feeling,” ​said Monaco captain Denis Zakaria. “We went into this ​match with the aim of winning, but we didn’t manage to do it today. We still have our chances. We’re going to Paris and trying to win there.”