‘Unstoppable’ Dubois says he’s ready to cause chaos and beat Usyk

Daniel Dubois works out at BoxPark Wembley, London, Britain, July 16, 2025. (Reuters)
Short Url
Updated 16 July 2025
Follow

‘Unstoppable’ Dubois says he’s ready to cause chaos and beat Usyk

  • Dubois fights Usyk for the undisputed heavyweight world title at Wembley Stadium on Saturday
  • Dubois, 27, is the IBF champion while Usyk, 38, holds the WBA, WBC and WBO belts

LONDON: Daniel Dubois said he felt unstoppable and ready to cause chaos when he fights unbeaten Ukrainian Oleksandr Usyk for the undisputed heavyweight world title at Wembley Stadium on Saturday.
Dubois, 27, is the IBF champion while Usyk, 38, holds the WBA, WBC and WBO belts.
The unification fight is a rematch of one that the Londoner lost by a controversial ninth-round knockout in Wroclaw, Poland, in 2023 after Usyk was given time to recover from what the referee ruled was a low blow.
Dubois can become Britain’s first undisputed champion since Lennox Lewis in 1999 while Usyk is bidding to be a four-belt undisputed heavyweight champion for the second time after relinquishing the IBF title last year.
“I’ve resurrected myself, resurrected my career and now we’re on a roll,” Dubois told the BBC.
“Unstoppable, I feel like I can’t be beat right now. I’m in the prime of my life and I’m going to go through whatever I have to do. We’re here now, no more excuses.
“I’ve got to beat him this time and I am going to win. I am going to cause chaos, knockouts, by any means necessary... I am ready. Man, I’m 100 percent ready.
“As soon as the bell rings my whole approach is just to seek and destroy, bring chaos and get the victory, seize the moment,” he added.
The two fighters were due to hold open workouts at a venue near the stadium on Wednesday before the final face-to-face press conference on Thursday.
Promoter Frank Warren, who represents Dubois, has said Usyk would find the Briton a very different opponent to the one he beat before.
“Last time they fought Daniel the boy. This time they’re fighting Daniel the man and that’s the difference and he’ll find that out on Saturday,” he told reporters on Tuesday.
“He (Usyk) is the best heavyweight of his generation, but everybody’s the best until they get beaten and I think it’s his time now.”


Postecoglou admits taking Nottingham Forest post a ‘bad decision’

Updated 19 February 2026
Follow

Postecoglou admits taking Nottingham Forest post a ‘bad decision’

  • Postecoglou, 60, was appointed as Nuno Espirito Santo’s successor in September
  • “There’s no point me blaming it on ‘I didn’t get time’ or anything,” said Postecoglou

LONDON: Ange Postecoglou has said he has only himself to blame for an extraordinarily brief reign as Nottingham Forest manager, with the Australian accepting he made “a bad decision” taking on the job with the Premier League strugglers.
Postecoglou, 60, was appointed as Nuno Espirito Santo’s successor in September.
But infamously impatient Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis sacked Postecoglou just 39 days later, after the experienced manager lost six of his eight games in charge.
Postecoglou, reflecting on his time at Forest for the Overlap podcast, said an over-eagerness to get back into management after his departure from Tottenham Hotspur three months earlier, had been the root cause of his troubles at the City Ground.
“There’s no point me blaming it on ‘I didn’t get time’ or anything,” said Postecoglou. “I should never have gone in there. That was on me. That was a bad decision by me to go in there. I’ve got to take ownership of that.
“It was too soon after Tottenham. I was taking over at a time where they were kind of used to doing things a certain way and I’m obviously going to do things differently. I’ve got to cop that, that was my mistake. It’s no-one else’s fault.”
Postecoglou remains without a club but he has ruled out returning to Celtic, where he enjoyed a successful two-year stint from 2021-23, with the 73-year-old Martin O’Neill currently in caretaker charge of the Scottish champions until the end of the season.
“I loved Celtic, it’s a wonderful football club,” said Postecoglou, who left the Glasgow giants to join Spurs. “If I was younger, I probably would have stayed there longer. I probably would have stayed there three, four years.
“I think I could have made progress with them in Europe but at the time, it had taken me a long time to get to this sort of space, and the opportunity to join Tottenham was too good.
“In terms of going back, I don’t go back. I just don’t think that’s kind of been my career.
“Whatever the next step is, it’ll be something new, somewhere I can make an impact in, somewhere I can win things, but it doesn’t diminish the affection I have for Celtic.”