420,070 workers served during Hajj 2025: Saudi statistics authority 

1 / 3
Members of the Hajj security services join a photo session outside the Prophet’s Mosque in Madinah. (SPA)
2 / 3
A health worker takes blood samples from a pilgrim being transported at one of the holy sites in Makkah. (SPA)
3 / 3
A worker assists pilgrims at the Prophet’s Mosque in Madinah. (SPA)
Short Url
Updated 12 June 2025
Follow

420,070 workers served during Hajj 2025: Saudi statistics authority 

  • Over 1.6m pilgrims undertook Hajj, according to General Authority for Statistics

RIYADH: A total of 420,070 workers from the public and private sectors, including security services, worked to serve 1,673,230 pilgrims during this year’s Hajj, the General Authority for Statistics has reported.

Of the number, 92 percent were male and 8 percent female, GASTAT said in its Hajj Statistics Publication carried by the Saudi Press Agency recently.

The publication said there were 34,540 male and female volunteers at the holy sites, contributing a total of 2,134,398 volunteer hours during the Hajj season.




Elderly, infirm and disabled pilgrims are given assistance in moving around the holy sites. (SPA)

It also stated that 314,337 male and female pilgrims from eight countries benefited from the Makkah Route Initiative this year, representing 20.9 percent of all pilgrims.

This initiative, launched during the 2017 Hajj season, aims to streamline travel procedures for pilgrims.

GASTAT announced earlier that of this year’s 1,673,230 registered pilgrims, 1,506,576 arrived from abroad through various entry points. There were 166,654 citizens and residents who performed Hajj this year.

This year there were 877,841 male and 795,389 female pilgrims, the authority stated.

GASTAT said the statistics are based on records provided by the Ministry of Interior.




Workers spend a lot of effort to keep facilities in the holy sites clean and safe. (SPA)

 


Jeddah governor attends ceremony marking Kuwait National Day

Updated 16 February 2026
Follow

Jeddah governor attends ceremony marking Kuwait National Day

  • Fareed bin Saad Al-Shehri, director-general of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Makkah, and members of the diplomatic corps, were also in attendance

JEDDAH: Jeddah Gov. Prince Saud bin Abdullah bin Jalawi attended a ceremony in Jeddah on Sunday to mark Kuwait’s National Day.

Prince Saud was received by Kuwait’s Consul General Yousef Abdullah Al-Tunaib and other consulate officials, the Saudi Press Agency reported.

Fareed bin Saad Al-Shehri, director-general of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Makkah, and members of the diplomatic corps, were also in attendance.