Saudi Arabia condemns Israel attack in Syria that killed civilians

Short Url
Updated 26 March 2025
Follow

Saudi Arabia condemns Israel attack in Syria that killed civilians

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia condemned on Wednesday an Israeli attack on Syria that killed civilians.
The Saudi Foreign Ministry statement said the Kingdom reiterates its categorical rejection of the continued attempts of the Israeli occupation authorities to undermine the security and stability of Syria and the region through their blatant and repeated violations of relevant international laws.
Syrian authorities said the attack on the village of Kuwayya killed at least 6 civilians.
The Syrian foreign ministry in a statement condemned “the continued Israeli aggression on Syrian territory, which saw a dangerous escalation in the village of Kuwayya” in the southern Daraa province.
Israel has continued its bombing campaign in Syria even after the ouster of Bashar Assad, whose rule came to an end last year after a swift rebel advance led to him fleeing to Russia.


Jeddah governor attends ceremony marking Kuwait National Day

Updated 16 February 2026
Follow

Jeddah governor attends ceremony marking Kuwait National Day

  • Fareed bin Saad Al-Shehri, director-general of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Makkah, and members of the diplomatic corps, were also in attendance

JEDDAH: Jeddah Gov. Prince Saud bin Abdullah bin Jalawi attended a ceremony in Jeddah on Sunday to mark Kuwait’s National Day.

Prince Saud was received by Kuwait’s Consul General Yousef Abdullah Al-Tunaib and other consulate officials, the Saudi Press Agency reported.

Fareed bin Saad Al-Shehri, director-general of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Makkah, and members of the diplomatic corps, were also in attendance.