Russian forces destroyed 20 Ukrainian drones launched onto the Crimean Peninsula early on Saturday, Russia’s defense ministry said.
There were no casualties and no damage as a result of the attempted attack, the ministry said on the Telegram messaging app. It said 14 drones were destroyed by air defense systems and six were suppressed by electronic warfare.
Reuters could not independently verify the report.
It was not immediately clear what was targeted in the reported attacks on the Russian-annexed peninsula.
Sergei Kryuchkov, an adviser to the Russia-installed governor of Crimea, said earlier that air defense systems were engaged in repelling air attack in different parts of the peninsula.
Crimea transport authorities said on their Telegram channel that traffic on the Crimean Bridge, which links the Black Sea peninsula with the Russian region of Krasnodar, was suspended for about two hours from 1:30 a.m. (2230 GMT).
Drone attacks on Russian-controlled territories in Ukraine and deep inside Russia have increased since a drone was destroyed over the Kremlin in early May.
Ukraine almost never publicly claims responsibility for the attacks but has said destroying Russia’s military infrastructure is crucial for Kyiv’s counteroffensive.
Moscow annexed Crimea from Ukraine in 2014, eight years before President Vladimir Putin ordered the full-scale invasion of Russia’s neighbor in February last year.
Russia destroys 20 Ukrainian drones over Crimea
Short Url
https://arab.news/97x6y
Russia destroys 20 Ukrainian drones over Crimea
- No casualties and no damage as a result of the attempted attack, defense ministry says
Jeffrey Epstein estate agrees to settle victim claims for up to $35 million
- The agreement must be approved by a federal judge in New York before it can become final
- Estate would pay $35 million if there are 40 or more people eligible in the class and $25 million if there are fewer than 40
WASHINGTON: The estate of convicted US sex offender Jeffrey Epstein has agreed to pay up to $35 million to settle the outstanding legal claims of potentially dozens of victims, according to a court filing Thursday.
The agreement must be approved by a federal judge in New York before it can become final.
The settlement is related to victims who said they were “sexually assaulted or abused or trafficked by Jeffrey Epstein between January 1, 1995, and through August 10, 2019,” the date of the disgraced financier’s death in prison, the proposed plan said.
Epstein’s estate would pay $35 million if there are 40 or more people eligible in the class and $25 million if there are fewer than 40.
The co-executors of the settlement are Darren Indyke, Epstein’s former lawyer, and Richard Kahn, the financier’s former accountant.
Both have denied any wrongdoing through their association with the convicted sex offender and have not been accused of any sexual abuse crimes or witnessing of sexual abuse.
But the settlement, if confirmed, will bring to a close the initial lawsuit filed in 2024 in which the pair of advisers were accused of enabling Epstein’s illicit activities through their legal and business services.
The judgment filed in federal court in Manhattan on Thursday said the agreement does not mean the co-executors admit fault or are liable to further legal action from victims.
The law firm representing the class of victims, Boies Schiller Flexner LLP, did not immediately respond to a request for comment on how many people were part of the lawsuit.
Bloomberg News reported late Thursday that the firm was confident they had at least 40 victims who had not yet settled with Epstein’s estate.
Daniel H. Weiner, the lawyer representing the co-executors, did not immediately reply to a comment request.
The settlement comes after the release by the US Justice Department of millions of documents, photographs and videos related to the investigation into Epstein.
Epstein cultivated a global network of powerful politicians, business executives, academics and celebrities — many of whom have been tainted by their association with him.
The agreement must be approved by a federal judge in New York before it can become final.
The settlement is related to victims who said they were “sexually assaulted or abused or trafficked by Jeffrey Epstein between January 1, 1995, and through August 10, 2019,” the date of the disgraced financier’s death in prison, the proposed plan said.
Epstein’s estate would pay $35 million if there are 40 or more people eligible in the class and $25 million if there are fewer than 40.
The co-executors of the settlement are Darren Indyke, Epstein’s former lawyer, and Richard Kahn, the financier’s former accountant.
Both have denied any wrongdoing through their association with the convicted sex offender and have not been accused of any sexual abuse crimes or witnessing of sexual abuse.
But the settlement, if confirmed, will bring to a close the initial lawsuit filed in 2024 in which the pair of advisers were accused of enabling Epstein’s illicit activities through their legal and business services.
The judgment filed in federal court in Manhattan on Thursday said the agreement does not mean the co-executors admit fault or are liable to further legal action from victims.
The law firm representing the class of victims, Boies Schiller Flexner LLP, did not immediately respond to a request for comment on how many people were part of the lawsuit.
Bloomberg News reported late Thursday that the firm was confident they had at least 40 victims who had not yet settled with Epstein’s estate.
Daniel H. Weiner, the lawyer representing the co-executors, did not immediately reply to a comment request.
The settlement comes after the release by the US Justice Department of millions of documents, photographs and videos related to the investigation into Epstein.
Epstein cultivated a global network of powerful politicians, business executives, academics and celebrities — many of whom have been tainted by their association with him.
© 2026 SAUDI RESEARCH & PUBLISHING COMPANY, All Rights Reserved And subject to Terms of Use Agreement.










