MOSCOW: Russia used its newest Kinzhal hypersonic missiles for the first time in Ukraine on Friday to destroy a weapons storage site in the country’s west, the defense ministry said.
“The Kinzhal aviation missile system with hypersonic aeroballistic missiles destroyed a large underground warehouse containing missiles and aviation ammunition” in the village of Deliatyn in the Ivano-Frankivsk region,” the Russian defense ministry said Saturday.
State news agency RIA Novosti said it was the first use of the Kinzhal hypersonic weapons during what Moscow calls a “special military operation” in pro-Western Ukraine.
Russia: Hypersonic missiles used to destroy weapons depot in western Ukraine
Short Url
https://arab.news/csjf8
Russia: Hypersonic missiles used to destroy weapons depot in western Ukraine
- First use of the Kinzhal hypersonic weapons for ‘special military operation’ in pro-Western Ukraine
Spain to send humanitarian aid to Cuba through UN
- Cuba’s economic straits have worsened with moves by a de facto US fuel blockade
- Spain’s announcement follows the dispatch by Mexico of 800 tons of humanitarian aid to Cuba
MADRID: Spain said Monday it will use UN channels to send humanitarian aid to Cuba, which is suffering an acute economic crisis worsened by a de facto US fuel blockade.
“Spain will provide humanitarian aid ... to Cuba through the United Nations system in the form of food and essential health products,” the foreign ministry said in a statement following a meeting between the foreign ministers of the two countries in Madrid.
The announcement follows the dispatch by Mexico of 800 tons of humanitarian aid to Cuba, which arrived on two Mexican navy ships late last week.
Cuba’s economic straits have worsened with moves by US President Donald Trump to economically strangle the Caribbean country.
Trump has vowed to cut off oil and fuel deliveries to Cuba, following the US military operation last month to attack Venezuela’s capital Caracas and grab leader Nicolas Maduro. Venezuela had been Cuba’s main supplier of oil.
The United Nations said on Friday it was deeply alarmed by the crisis unfolding in Cuba.
Cuba’s government — which had already been grappling with frequent power cuts and a lack of food and medicine — has ordered a series of emergency measures from Monday, including restrictions on fuel sales and reduced public transport.
Spanish Foreign Minister Jose Manuel Albares and Cuban counterpart Bruno Rodriguez discussed “the current situation in Cuba,” the foreign ministry statement said, without giving any details.
Rodriguez, on X, said that in the meeting the two stressed the desire “to bolster political, economic-trade and cooperation dialogue to the benefit of both countries.”
He criticized “the violations of peace, security and international law and the increasing hostility of the United States against Cuba.”
The Cuban foreign minister’s short stop in Madrid followed visits to China and Vietnam.
“Spain will provide humanitarian aid ... to Cuba through the United Nations system in the form of food and essential health products,” the foreign ministry said in a statement following a meeting between the foreign ministers of the two countries in Madrid.
The announcement follows the dispatch by Mexico of 800 tons of humanitarian aid to Cuba, which arrived on two Mexican navy ships late last week.
Cuba’s economic straits have worsened with moves by US President Donald Trump to economically strangle the Caribbean country.
Trump has vowed to cut off oil and fuel deliveries to Cuba, following the US military operation last month to attack Venezuela’s capital Caracas and grab leader Nicolas Maduro. Venezuela had been Cuba’s main supplier of oil.
The United Nations said on Friday it was deeply alarmed by the crisis unfolding in Cuba.
Cuba’s government — which had already been grappling with frequent power cuts and a lack of food and medicine — has ordered a series of emergency measures from Monday, including restrictions on fuel sales and reduced public transport.
Spanish Foreign Minister Jose Manuel Albares and Cuban counterpart Bruno Rodriguez discussed “the current situation in Cuba,” the foreign ministry statement said, without giving any details.
Rodriguez, on X, said that in the meeting the two stressed the desire “to bolster political, economic-trade and cooperation dialogue to the benefit of both countries.”
He criticized “the violations of peace, security and international law and the increasing hostility of the United States against Cuba.”
The Cuban foreign minister’s short stop in Madrid followed visits to China and Vietnam.
© 2026 SAUDI RESEARCH & PUBLISHING COMPANY, All Rights Reserved And subject to Terms of Use Agreement.










