Saudi and Egyptian forces continue joint warfare maneuvers

1 / 4
The Royal Saudi Land Forces and the Egyptian Armed Forces continued the Tabuk 5 exercise in the Kingdom’s northwestern region. (Twitter/@modgovksa)
2 / 4
The Royal Saudi Land Forces and the Egyptian Armed Forces continued the Tabuk 5 exercise in the Kingdom’s northwestern region. (Twitter/@modgovksa)
3 / 4
The Royal Saudi Land Forces and the Egyptian Armed Forces continued the Tabuk 5 exercise in the Kingdom’s northwestern region. (Twitter/@modgovksa)
4 / 4
The Royal Saudi Land Forces and the Egyptian Armed Forces continued the Tabuk 5 exercise in the Kingdom’s northwestern region. (Twitter/@modgovksa)
Short Url
Updated 17 January 2022
Follow

Saudi and Egyptian forces continue joint warfare maneuvers

  • The Tabuk 5 exercise began on Jan. 6 in the Kingdom’s northwestern region

JEDDAH: The Royal Saudi Land Forces continued a joint exercise with the Egyptian Armed Forces in the Kingdom’s northwestern region, the Saudi Ministry of Defense said on Sunday.
The Tabuk 5 exercise, which began on Jan. 6, is “an extension of the joint exercises between the two countries to raise the level of integration, unify the areas of military cooperation and enhance the capabilities of the forces participating in the maneuvers,” the ministry said.
During the past days, the joint forces conducted the preliminary stages of training, which included many activities, events and lectures to unify training concepts, coordinate efforts, and achieve integration between the participating forces.

The director of the fifth edition of the exercise, Maj. Gen. Khalid Mohammed Al-Khashrami, said everything is proceeding according to plan, adding the participants implemented a number of joint training tasks in regular and irregular operations, as well as training in planning and coordinating joint operations and modern warfare methods.
They also carried out ambushes, raids, and reconnaissance using a drone, air incursions, combat in built-up areas, and implemented landing and pick-up exercises, tactical parachute jumping, and free jumping, he said.
Al-Khashrami added that during the coming days, the participating forces will begin several tactical maneuvers, firing with live ammunition, using advanced warfare methods and increasing operational and military coordination.
Meanwhile, the 5th Air Defense Group in the Eastern Province launched the joint Saudi-American exercise “Prevention Shield 3” between the Saudi armed forces and the US forces, with the participation of the Ministry of Health, the Saudi Red Crescent and Civil Defense.


Saudi project clears 2,676 explosive devices in Yemen

Updated 5 sec ago
Follow

Saudi project clears 2,676 explosive devices in Yemen

  • Ousama Al-Gosaibi, Project Masam’s managing director, said the initiative had cleared a total of 544,187 mines since it began in 2018

RIYADH: Members of Saudi Arabia’s Project Masam removed 2,108 explosive devices from various regions of Yemen last week.

The total included 2,484 unexploded ordnances, 149 anti-tank mines, 17 anti-personnel mines and 26 improvised explosive devices, according to a recent report.

The explosives were planted indiscriminately and posed a threat to civilians, including children, women and the elderly.

The demining operations took place in Marib, Aden, Jouf, Shabwa, Taiz, Hodeidah, Lahij, Sanaa, Al-Bayda, Al-Dhale and Saada.

Ousama Al-Gosaibi, Project Masam’s managing director, said the initiative had cleared a total of 544,187 mines since it began in 2018.

Teams are tasked with clearing villages, roads and schools to facilitate the safe movement of civilians and delivery of humanitarian aid.

The project trains local demining engineers, provides them with modern equipment, and offers support to Yemenis injured by the devices.