Arab coalition intercepts 3 Houthi drones targeting Saudi Arabia

The Iran-backed Houthi militia launched a drone toward Khamis Mushait, southern Saudi Arabia, from within Yemeni airspace. (File/SPA)
Short Url
Updated 18 February 2021
Follow

Arab coalition intercepts 3 Houthi drones targeting Saudi Arabia

  • Arab coalition says Houthis intended ‘to target civilians in a systematic and deliberate manner’

RIYADH: Arab coalition forces early on Thursday intercepted and destroyed a drone launched by Yemen’s Houthi militia toward Khamis Mushait, in southern Saudi Arabia.
Coalition forces had intercepted two drones launched by the Iran-backed Houthis targeting the Kingdom on Wednesday.
Coalition spokesman Col. Turki Al-Maliki said a “booby-trapped” drone launched from Yemeni airspace by the Houthi militia was intended “to target civilian objects and civilians in a systematic and deliberate manner.”
Coalition forces intercepted another drone launched by the Houthis toward Khamis Mushait in the southern region on Wednesday morning.
Col. Al-Maliki said: “Attempts by the Houthi militia to attack civilians constitute war crimes,” adding that the joint coalition forces are taking the “necessary operational measures to protect civilians and civilian infrastructure in accordance with international humanitarian law and its customary rules.”
Last week, a drone attack on the Kingdom’s Abha airport drew international condemnation after it caused a passenger plane to catch fire.

Soleimani’s shadow
Qassem Soleimani left a trail of death and destruction in his wake as head of Iran’s Quds Force … until his assassination on Jan. 3, 2020. Yet still, his legacy of murderous interference continues to haunt the region

Enter


keywords

Saudi aid agency launches food distribution projects in Djibouti and Guinea

Updated 21 February 2026
Follow

Saudi aid agency launches food distribution projects in Djibouti and Guinea

  • Projects to benefit 40,000 individuals across Djibouti and 50,000 in Guinea
  • KSrelief's aid programs have reached a total of 113 countries across four continents

RIYADH: The King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center (KSrelief) has launched its 2026 food distribution projects in the African republics of Djibouti and Guinea.

The initiatives are part of Saudi Arabia’s broader humanitarian relief efforts to enhance global food security for vulnerable populations, according to statements carried by the Saudi Press Agency (SPA).

In Djibouti, Saudi Ambassador Mutrek Al-Ajaleen and other local officials rolled out the fifth phase of the year’s project. It consists of 6,715 baskets of essential food items designed to support 40,000 individuals across multiple regions of the country.

In Guinea, Saudi Ambassador Dr. Fahad Al-Rashidi led the launch ceremony for a similar initiative. Under this project, 8,400 food baskets will be distributed, benefiting 50,000 people nationwide.

Since its establishment in 2015, KSrelief has served as Saudi Arabia's primary humanitarian arm, making food security one of its largest and most critical operational sectors. According to the center's official statistics, KSrelief has implemented over 1,150 dedicated food security projects at a total cost of more than $2.2 billion.

These specific food distribution initiatives have successfully delivered vital sustenance to vulnerable populations in 86 countries worldwide. Broadening the scope beyond just food security, KSrelief's overall humanitarian and development aid programs have reached a total of 113 countries across four continents.