Monshaat spends over SR800m on 824 small and medium Saudi enterprises

Small businesses in the Kingdom are now benefitting fromhe government's indirect lending initiative. (SPA file photo)
Updated 21 June 2019
Follow

Monshaat spends over SR800m on 824 small and medium Saudi enterprises

RIYADH: The Small and Medium Enterprises General Authority (Monshaat) announced that 824 enterprises (SMEs) had benefitted from its indirect lending initiative to the tune of over SR800 million ($213 million) on Tuesday.

Authorized by the Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority (SAMA), 17 companies have become partners in the initiative, helping to raise the funds. The indirect lending initiative, launched by Monshaat in cooperation with the Social Development Bank, aims to provide low-cost loans for SMEs and entrepreneurs in the Kingdom.

Monshaat designed it so that guarantors and lenders came from a diverse range of backgrounds, sharing the burden across the Saudi private sector and widening the reach of their investments. The initiative was launched with resources of SR1.6 billion.

Monshaat urged male and female entrepreneurs and owners of SMEs to visit its website idl.monshaat.gov.sa to benefit from the initiative, where they will be able to check all the details related to the initiative and the partners authorized by SAMA.

The initiative is an important cog in the Kingdom’s broader economic and social outlook, which aims to help boost SMEs to the point that they contribute up to 35 percent of Saudi gross domestic product by 2030.

 


Saudi project clears 2,676 explosive devices in Yemen

Updated 22 February 2026
Follow

Saudi project clears 2,676 explosive devices in Yemen

  • Ousama Al-Gosaibi, Project Masam’s managing director, said the initiative had cleared a total of 544,187 mines since it began in 2018

RIYADH: Members of Saudi Arabia’s Project Masam removed 2,108 explosive devices from various regions of Yemen last week.

The total included 2,484 unexploded ordnances, 149 anti-tank mines, 17 anti-personnel mines and 26 improvised explosive devices, according to a recent report.

The explosives were planted indiscriminately and posed a threat to civilians, including children, women and the elderly.

The demining operations took place in Marib, Aden, Jouf, Shabwa, Taiz, Hodeidah, Lahij, Sanaa, Al-Bayda, Al-Dhale and Saada.

Ousama Al-Gosaibi, Project Masam’s managing director, said the initiative had cleared a total of 544,187 mines since it began in 2018.

Teams are tasked with clearing villages, roads and schools to facilitate the safe movement of civilians and delivery of humanitarian aid.

The project trains local demining engineers, provides them with modern equipment, and offers support to Yemenis injured by the devices.