Private sector urged to train Saudi youth

The private sector is being asked to train more Saudi youngsters. (SPA)
Updated 11 May 2019
Follow

Private sector urged to train Saudi youth

  • Hadaf is overseeing the summer training program in cooperation with the Ministry of Labor and Social Development

RIYADH: The Human Resources Development Fund (Hadaf) has called on private-sector institutions to offer training opportunities to students through the summer training program Saifi.

Registration and presentation of opportunities will be available within the next two months, and the program will be implemented on July 7.

Hadaf is overseeing the summer training program in cooperation with the Ministry of Labor and Social Development, chambers of commerce, private-sector institutions, training bodies and students.

The fund stressed the importance of institutions’ commitment to quality training and discipline, as well as introducing the values ​​of work to students to provide them with the appropriate skills and experience to help them enter the labor market.

Hadaf has prepared an electronic guidebook for institutions on the Saifi website to explain how to participate in the program. Student applicants should be at least 17 years old. Private-sector establishments with 25 or more employees are obliged to join the Saifi program. 


Saudi project clears 2,676 explosive devices in Yemen

Updated 22 February 2026
Follow

Saudi project clears 2,676 explosive devices in Yemen

  • Ousama Al-Gosaibi, Project Masam’s managing director, said the initiative had cleared a total of 544,187 mines since it began in 2018

RIYADH: Members of Saudi Arabia’s Project Masam removed 2,108 explosive devices from various regions of Yemen last week.

The total included 2,484 unexploded ordnances, 149 anti-tank mines, 17 anti-personnel mines and 26 improvised explosive devices, according to a recent report.

The explosives were planted indiscriminately and posed a threat to civilians, including children, women and the elderly.

The demining operations took place in Marib, Aden, Jouf, Shabwa, Taiz, Hodeidah, Lahij, Sanaa, Al-Bayda, Al-Dhale and Saada.

Ousama Al-Gosaibi, Project Masam’s managing director, said the initiative had cleared a total of 544,187 mines since it began in 2018.

Teams are tasked with clearing villages, roads and schools to facilitate the safe movement of civilians and delivery of humanitarian aid.

The project trains local demining engineers, provides them with modern equipment, and offers support to Yemenis injured by the devices.