Bouchaib team wins Canadian Ambassador’s Golf Challenge Cup 2015.

Updated 21 May 2015
Follow

Bouchaib team wins Canadian Ambassador’s Golf Challenge Cup 2015.

Trying to squeeze in as many tournaments that it can in a packed schedule ahead of the hot summer months, Dirab Golf & Country Club on Saturday hosted the Canadian Ambassador’s Golf Challenge Cup 2015.
The quartet of Bouchaib El Jadiani, Jude Evans, Jordan Reeves and Susan MacDonald came up with the best gross score of 5-under 67 to win the four-ball Texas Scramble format competition.
Two strokes back in second place was the team of Dan McLauglin, Geoff Thompson, Peter Howarth-Lee and Yvonne Mogridge.
Taking the third position on 73 was the foursome of Shahid Rabbani, Christopher Walter, Tim Douglas and Nancy Guy.
Imran Qadir, Darryl Mogridge, Bruce Guy and Lynn Long returned a 74 in fourth place, while Tariq Javed, Khalid Alothman, Teymour Alireza and Canadian Ambassador Tom MacDonald combined for 76 to round out the winners in fifth place.
Starting on hole No. 3, Bouchaib’s team’s overcame a dropped shot on its opening hole to be minus 2 after the ninth hole. A run of four straight birdies from No. 12 had the team going 6-under to cushion the win.
Their only other bogey was on the 18th hole. They then parred their last two holes on Nos. 1 and 2 to preserve a 5-under card.

Xerox Corporate Golf Challenge 2015 6th round tomorrow
Meantime, the 6th qualifying round of the Xerox Corporate Golf Challenge 2015 will take place Saturday at Dirab Golf & Country Club with 7 a.m. shotgun start.
This two person
A full field of 110 golfers is expected to tee it up for pairs better ball Stableford format event with ¾ handicap allowance for each team.
The top two teams will qualify for the grand final to be hosted in Ras Al Khaimah, UAE, by RAK Tourism.
The sponsors are PWS, Aramex, Ecco and Osim Co.


Man United’s Jim Ratcliffe reminded of his responsibilities but no FA charge for ‘colonized’ claim

Updated 20 February 2026
Follow

Man United’s Jim Ratcliffe reminded of his responsibilities but no FA charge for ‘colonized’ claim

  • Football Association will not be charging Ratcliffe over his comments
  • Ratcliffe’s comments touched a nerve in Britain, where immigration is a divisive issue

MANCHESTER: Manchester United co-owner Jim Ratcliffe has been reminded of his “responsibilities as a participant in English football” after he triggered a storm of criticism for claiming Britain had been “colonized” by immigrants.
But England’s Football Association will not be charging Ratcliffe over his comments, which were widely condemned by political figures, including British Prime Minister Keir Starmer, and the club’s supporters.
The governing body issued Ratcliffe with a reminder of his responsibilities when taking part in media interviews, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press on Friday. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly.
British billionaire Ratcliffe, who owns petrochemicals giant INEOS, made the comments during an interview with Sky News, which aired last week.
“You can’t have an economy with 9 million people on benefits and huge levels of immigrants coming in,” he said. “I mean, the UK’s been colonized.”
Ratcliffe’s comments touched a nerve in Britain, where immigration is a divisive issue. He later said he was sorry his choice of language had “offended some people.”
Starmer had earlier called for him to apologize, saying “Britain is a proud, tolerant and diverse country.”
United fans, who are proud of the diversity within the team and their supporter base, also condemned his words.
The Manchester United Supporters Trust said the “senior leadership should make inclusion easier, not harder.”
Critics accused Ratcliffe of “hypocrisy,” saying he has chosen to make his home in Monaco to reduce his UK tax bill.
Carrick proud of Man United’s culture
United’s head coach, Michael Carrick, said earlier Friday that the Premier League club was proud of their culture of equality and diversity.
Carrick, who was recently hired as coach until the end of the season, faced the media for the first time since Ratcliffe’s remarks and he was asked for his response.
“Sir Jim has made a statement, and then the club’s made a statement on the back of it so for me to add to that is not my place,” he said. “What I can say is, as I’ve been around this club many, many years, we always make a huge impact globally.
“We’re really proud of the environment and the culture that we’ve got at the club, and equality and diversity and respect for each other is something that we look to carry through every day.”