US withdrawing all forces from Syria, WSJ reports

A US soldier stands guard during a meeting between Syrian Democratic Forces leaders and US military leaders, in Deir Hafer, Syria, last month. (Reuters)
Short Url
Updated 18 February 2026
Follow

US withdrawing all forces from Syria, WSJ reports

  • Report follows US military withdrawal from ​a ‌strategic base in ‌Syria and handing it over to Syrian forces

The United States is in the process of withdrawing all of its roughly 1,000 ‌troops from ‌Syria, the Wall ​Street ‌Journal ⁠reported ​on Wednesday, ⁠citing three US officials.
Reuters could not immediately verify the report.
Last week, the US ⁠military said it ‌completed ‌a withdrawal from ​a ‌strategic base in ‌Syria, handing it over to Syrian forces, in the latest sign ‌of strengthening US-Syrian ties that could enable an ⁠even ⁠larger American drawdown.
The Journal said that troops will withdraw from the remaining US locations in Syria over the next two months.


Iran atomic energy chief says no country can deprive Tehran of enrichment rights

Updated 2 sec ago
Follow

Iran atomic energy chief says no country can deprive Tehran of enrichment rights

  • Iran’s atomic energy chief Mohammad Eslami said Thursday that no country can deprive the Islamic republic of its right to nuclear enrichment
  • US President Donald Trump again hinted at military action following talks in Geneva
TEHRAN: Iran’s atomic energy chief Mohammad Eslami said Thursday that no country can deprive the Islamic republic of its right to nuclear enrichment, after US President Donald Trump again hinted at military action following talks in Geneva.
“The basis of the nuclear industry is enrichment. Whatever you want to do in the nuclear process, you need nuclear fuel,” said Eslami, according to a video published by Etemad daily.
“Iran’s nuclear program is proceeding according to the rules of the International Atomic Energy Agency, and no country can deprive Iran of the right to peacefully benefit from this technology.”