LONDON:Thomas Tuchel has signed a new contract that will see him remain head coach of the England national football team through to the end of Euro 2028 in the UK and Ireland, the Football Association announced on Thursday.
Tuchel was confirmed as the successor to Gareth Southgate in October 2024 and has overseen an unbeaten qualification run to this year’s World Cup in North America, with England winning all eight group games under their German boss.
“I am very happy and proud to extend my time with England,” said the 52-year-old former Chelsea manager in an FA statement.
“It is no secret to anyone that I have loved every minute so far of working with my players and coaches, and I cannot wait to lead them to the World Cup.
“It is an incredible opportunity and we are going to do our very best to make the country proud,” added Tuchel, whose previous England deal ran only until the end of this year’s global showpiece.
The FA said that the new agreement with Tuchel would provide “clarity and full focus” amid speculation about his future after the World Cup.
Tuchel had been previously touted as a possible permanent successor to sacked former Manchester United manager Ruben Amorim, even though the English giants have experienced an upturn in form under caretaker boss Michael Carrick.
But in signing a new England contract, Tuchel appears to have ruled himself out of a post-World Cup move to Old Trafford.
The FA added that Tuchel’s senior backroom team — Anthony Barry, Henrique Hilario, Nico Mayer and James Melbourne — had all also agreed contract extensions through to the end of Euro 2028.
“I have had so much support from (FA chief executive) Mark (Bullingham), all my colleagues at the FA and from fans wherever I go that I did not hesitate when asked to continue in this dream job,” said Tuchel.
’No better candidate’
Extending his contract ahead of this year’s World Cup in North America is a clear sign of the FA’s confidence in Tuchel, looking to guide the England men’s team to their first major trophy in six decades.
“I am delighted Thomas has committed to stay with us through to the Euros in 2028,” said Bullingham.
“He was the right person for the job when he joined us for the World Cup campaign, and has only strengthened his reputation across the qualifiers...There is simply no better candidate available in world football.”
Tuchel, due to attend the Nations League draw in Brussels on Thursday, said in his first interview after succeeding Southgate that he wanted to add a “second star” to the England shirt by winning the 2026 World Cup.
The only major international tournament won by the England men’s team was when they triumphed on home soil at the 1966 World Cup, defeating the then West Germany in a Wembley final.
But they twice came close to ending that barren run under Southgate, losing in both the Euro 2020 and 2024 finals.
Tuchel’s England team eased through qualification, winning all eight matches in a group which also featured Albania, Serbia, Latvia and Andorra.
Tougher tests, however, await at the World Cup, with co-hosts Mexico in line to face England on home ground in the last 16 should Tuchel’s men top their group, with a possible quarter-final against five-time world champions Brazil to follow.
England coach Tuchel extends contract through to Euro 2028
https://arab.news/r6m29
England coach Tuchel extends contract through to Euro 2028
- Thomas Tuchel has signed a new contract that will see him remain head coach of the England national football team through to the end of Euro 2028 in the UK and Ireland
FIA signs cooperation agreement with Arab League
- FIA President Mohammed Ben Sulayem says pact reflects commitment to deliver practical solutions for mobility, tourism and regional cooperation
DUBAI: The FIA, the global governing body for motorsport and the federation for mobility organizations worldwide, has signed an agreement with the Arab League to strengthen cooperation across transport, tourism, sport, and regional policy.
The aim of the pact is to improve cross-border movement through internationally recognized travel and transport documents, including the Carnet de Passages en Douane system for the temporary admission of vehicles, and the International Driving Permit.
Both play an important role in facilitating travel, trade, and tourism, supporting greater regional integration, according to a recent press release from the organization.
FIA Member Clubs are trusted issuers of CPDs and International Driving Permits, working closely with national authorities and international frameworks.
Mohammed Ben Sulayem, the FIA’s president, said: “This memorandum reflects the FIA’s commitment to working in partnership to deliver practical solutions that support mobility, tourism and regional cooperation.
“By strengthening collaboration with the League of Arab States, we are reinforcing the role of our FIA Member Clubs as trusted partners in facilitating cross-border movement and contributing to economic integration across the region.”
Dr. Ali bin Ibrahim Al-Maliki, assistant secretary-general and head of the economic affairs sector of the Arab League, said: “The LAS General Secretariat places great importance on building partnerships with international and regional organizations in this vital sector in all its forms.
“The FIA is a leading international organization active in transport, tourism, road safety and motorsport for development, and includes national clubs from a number of Arab countries among its members.”
Essa Hamza, chair of the FIA MENA Council, added: “This partnership delivers a platform to advance regional connectivity. Together we are strengthening tourism and cross-border travel, creating a real impact for people and institutions across the Arab world.”
Signed at the league’s general secretariat in Cairo, the agreement builds a framework for practical collaboration and knowledge sharing, the press release stated.










