LONDON: Britain, the United States, France and Germany on Tuesday welcomed the 15-day extension of the ceasefire between the Syrian government and Kurdish forces, and urged all parties to strictly adhere to the agreement.
“We call upon all parties to strictly adhere to the ceasefire and to exercise their utmost restraint. We urge all external parties to join us in pursuit of peace and de-escalation of violence,” the four nations said in a joint statement.
They also urged all parties to swiftly agree to a permanent ceasefire.
UK, US, Germany and France urge adherence to ceasefire in Syria
https://arab.news/jwaf6
UK, US, Germany and France urge adherence to ceasefire in Syria
- They also urged all parties to swiftly agree to a permanent ceasefire
Syria launches debris removal campaign in Idlib
- Officials will prioritize reopening roads to enhance basic services, help residents’ return
LONDON: Syrian authorities launched a campaign to remove at least 600,000 cubic meters of debris in Idlib province, which was created by the civil war.
The Syrian Ministry of Emergency and Disaster Management said on Thursday that the project targets the towns of Khan Sheikhoun, Maaret Al-Numan and Jisr Al-Shughour, areas that sustained significant damage during years of war.
Officials will prioritize removing debris and reopening main and secondary roads to enhance basic services, and facilitate residents’ return, according to the Syrian Arab News Agency.
Last year, about 450,000 cubic meters of rubble were cleared as part of a national recovery plan in Idlib. Officials said that removing debris is essential for restoring infrastructure and enabling displaced residents to return.
The northwestern province of Idlib experienced heavy rainfall in February, leading to the flooding of several displacement camps and the evacuation of hundreds of families. The civil war in Syria, which lasted from 2011 to 2024, left the country’s infrastructure in dire condition and in urgent need of repair.










