JERUSALEM: Israel warned on Tuesday that it would suspend from January several aid organizations operating in Gaza for failing to provide details about their Palestinian staff, accusing two Doctors Without Borders employees of links to militant groups.
The Ministry of Diaspora Affairs and Combating Antisemitism said in a statement the move was part of Israel’s decision to “strengthen and update” regulations governing the activities of international NGOs in the Palestinian territory.
“Humanitarian organizations that fail to meet security and transparency requirements will have their licenses suspended,” the ministry said.
It added that organizations which “failed to cooperate and refused to submit a list of their Palestinian employees in order to rule out any links to terrorism” had received formal notice that their licenses would be revoked as of January 1.
The organizations concerned — whose names were not disclosed — were ordered to cease all activities by March 1.
The ministry said the groups were given 10 months to provide the requested information but “nonetheless failed to comply with the requirements.”
The ministry told AFP earlier this month that as of November 25, approximately 100 registration requests had been submitted and “only 14 organization requests have been rejected.”
“The remainder have been approved or are currently under review,” it added.
In its statement on Tuesday, the ministry alleged after an investigation that the international medical charity Doctors Without Borders (MSF) had employed two individuals with links to Palestinian militant groups.
“In June 2024, a member of Palestinian Islamic Jihad was identified as an employee of the organization,” it said.
“In September 2024, another MSF employee was identified as a Hamas sniper.
“Despite repeated requests, the organization did not provide full disclosure regarding the identities and roles of these individuals,” the statement added.
When contacted, MSF said it “would never knowingly employ people engaging in military activity.”
“Any employee who engages in military activity would pose a danger to our staff and our patients.”
The ministry’s statement did not say whether MSF’s license had been revoked.
“In terms of registration, MSF continues to engage and discuss with Israeli authorities,” the charity said. “We have not yet received a decision on re-registration.”
The ministry said its latest measures would not affect the delivery of aid to Gaza.
“Only a limited number of organizations — less than 15 percent — were found to be in violation of the regulatory framework,” it said.
Several NGOs have told AFP the new rules will have a major impact on aid distribution in Gaza.
The amount of aid entering Gaza remains inadequate.
While the October 10 ceasefire agreement stipulated the entry of 600 trucks per day, only 100 to 300 are carrying humanitarian aid, according to NGOs and the United Nations.
Israel to suspend several aid groups from Gaza
https://arab.news/cyeyy
Israel to suspend several aid groups from Gaza
- Ministry says organizations that failed to submit list of Palestinian employees have been told their licenses will be revoked from January 1
Family of Palestinian-American shot dead by Israeli settler demand accountability
- Relatives say Abu Siyam was among about 30 residents from the village of Mukhmas who confronted armed settlers attempting to steal goats from the community
LONDON: The family of a 19-year-old Palestinian-American man reportedly shot dead by an Israeli settler in the occupied West Bank have demanded accountability, amid mounting scrutiny over a surge in settler violence and a lack of prosecutions.
Nasrallah Abu Siyam, a US citizen born in Philadelphia, was killed near the city of Ramallah on Wednesday, becoming at least the sixth American citizen to die in incidents involving Israeli settlers or soldiers in the territory in the past two years.
Relatives say Abu Siyam was among about 30 residents from the village of Mukhmas who confronted armed settlers attempting to steal goats from the community. Witnesses said that stones were thrown by both sides before settlers opened fire, wounding at least three villagers.
Abu Siyam was struck and later died of his injuries.
Abdulhamid Siyam, the victim’s cousin, said the killing reflected a wider pattern of impunity.
“A young man of 19 shot and killed in cold blood, and no responsibility,” he told the BBC. “Impunity completely.”
The US State Department said that it was aware of the death of a US citizen and was “carefully monitoring the situation,” while the Trump administration said that it stood ready to provide consular assistance.
The Israeli embassy in Washington said the incident was under review and that an operational inquiry “must be completed as soon as possible.”
A spokesperson for the Israeli Defense Forces said troops were deployed to the scene and used “riot dispersal means to restore order,” adding that no IDF gunfire was reported.
The military confirmed that the incident remained under review and said that a continued presence would be maintained in the area to prevent further unrest.
Palestinians and human rights organizations say such reviews rarely lead to criminal accountability, arguing that Israeli authorities routinely fail to prosecute settlers accused of violence.
A US embassy spokesperson later said that Washington “condemns this violence,” as international concern continues to grow over conditions in the occupied West Bank.
Palestinians and human rights groups say Israeli authorities routinely fail to investigate or prosecute settlers accused of violence against civilians.
Those concerns were echoed this week by the UN, which warned that Israel’s actions in the occupied West Bank may amount to ethnic cleansing.
A UN human rights office report on Thursday said that Israeli settlement expansion, settler attacks and military operations have increasingly displaced Palestinian communities, with dozens of villages reportedly emptied since the start of the Gaza war.
The report also criticized Israeli military tactics in the northern West Bank, saying that they resembled warfare and led to mass displacement, while noting abuses by Palestinian security forces, including the use of unnecessary lethal force and the intimidation of critics.
Neither Israel’s foreign ministry nor the Palestinian Authority has commented on the findings.









