DOHA: The ruler of Qatar, a key mediator for the ongoing Gaza truce, accused Israel of violating the 11-day-old ceasefire on Tuesday after a series of deadly strikes on Hamas positions.
“We reiterate our condemnation of all Israeli violations and practices in Palestine, particularly the transformation of the Gaza Strip an area unfit for human life (and) the continued violation of the ceasefire,” Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani said in an annual address to the Shoura Council legislative body.
Emir of Qatar condemns ‘continued violation’ of Gaza ceasefire
Short Url
https://arab.news/nzby6
Emir of Qatar condemns ‘continued violation’ of Gaza ceasefire
- ‘We reiterate our condemnation of all Israeli violations and practices in Palestine’
- ‘… particularly the transformation of the Gaza Strip an area unfit for human life’
Morocco residents begin returning to northwest as flood waters recede
RABAT: Moroccan authorities began organizing the gradual return of residents to the city of Ksar El Kebir and other flood-hit northwestern areas as weather conditions improved, state media showed on Monday.
Authorities backed by the army had helped evacuate 188,000 people since early February, to protect them from overflowing river waters that swept across 110,000 hectares in the northwest.
Most residents of Ksar El Kebir, 213 km north of Rabat, are now allowed to return home, except for those living in a few neighborhoods, the interior ministry said on Monday.
Investment plan to upgrade infrastructure
Train and bus rides were offered free of charge to help transport residents who had sought shelter with relatives in other cities, or in centers and camps provided by authorities, state TV showed.
Morocco plans to spend 3 billion dirhams ($330 million) to upgrade infrastructure and support flood-affected residents, farmers and shop-owners in the inundated areas, the prime minister’s office said last week, declaring the hardest-hit municipalities disaster areas.
The Oued Makhazine dam, which had reached 160 percent of capacity, was forced to gradually release water downstream after exceptional inflows, leading to rising water levels in the Loukous river which inundated Ksar El Kebir and surrounding plains.
Rainfall this winter was 35 percent above the average recorded since the 1990s and three times higher than last year, official data showed.
Morocco’s national dam-filling rate rose to nearly 70 percent from 27 percent a year earlier, with several large dams being partially emptied to absorb new inflows.
The exceptional rainfall ended a seven-year drought that had pushed the country to ramp up investments in desalination.
Authorities backed by the army had helped evacuate 188,000 people since early February, to protect them from overflowing river waters that swept across 110,000 hectares in the northwest.
Most residents of Ksar El Kebir, 213 km north of Rabat, are now allowed to return home, except for those living in a few neighborhoods, the interior ministry said on Monday.
Investment plan to upgrade infrastructure
Train and bus rides were offered free of charge to help transport residents who had sought shelter with relatives in other cities, or in centers and camps provided by authorities, state TV showed.
Morocco plans to spend 3 billion dirhams ($330 million) to upgrade infrastructure and support flood-affected residents, farmers and shop-owners in the inundated areas, the prime minister’s office said last week, declaring the hardest-hit municipalities disaster areas.
The Oued Makhazine dam, which had reached 160 percent of capacity, was forced to gradually release water downstream after exceptional inflows, leading to rising water levels in the Loukous river which inundated Ksar El Kebir and surrounding plains.
Rainfall this winter was 35 percent above the average recorded since the 1990s and three times higher than last year, official data showed.
Morocco’s national dam-filling rate rose to nearly 70 percent from 27 percent a year earlier, with several large dams being partially emptied to absorb new inflows.
The exceptional rainfall ended a seven-year drought that had pushed the country to ramp up investments in desalination.
© 2026 SAUDI RESEARCH & PUBLISHING COMPANY, All Rights Reserved And subject to Terms of Use Agreement.










