LONDON: Britain’s charity regulator said it had found no evidence of bullying at a charity set up by Prince Harry, but criticized all parties for allowing a dispute to become public.
Harry, the younger son of King Charles, co-founded the charity Sentebale in 2006 to help young people with HIV and AIDS in Lesotho and Botswana.
But he quit as a patron in March following a dispute with the chair of the board, Sophie Chandauka. She accused Harry and Sentebale’s trustees of bullying, misogyny and racism.
Harry had called the falling-out “devastating” and welcomed the commission’s inquiry which he said at the time would “unveil the truth.”
He had set up Sentebale, which means “forget-me-not” in the local language of Lesotho, in honor of his mother Princess Diana, who died in a Paris crash in 1997.
In its report published on Wednesday, the Charity Commission said it found no evidence of “widespread or systemic bullying or harassment, including misogyny,” but it said there had been weak governance.
There was a lack of clarity about policies and roles and no proper process to deal with internal complaints, it added, and as such had issued Sentebale with a Regulatory Action Plan to address its concerns.
“Sentebale’s problems played out in the public eye, enabling a damaging dispute to harm the charity’s reputation,” David Holdsworth, CEO of the Charity Commission, said.
Harry did not immediately respond to a request for comment, while the charity said that it welcomed the regulator’s findings.
“We are emerging not just grateful to have survived, but stronger: more focused, better governed, boldly ambitious and with our dignity intact,” Sentebale’s chair Chandauka said.
Harry, who lives in California with Meghan and their two children, stopped working as a member of the British royal family in 2020.
UK regulator says no evidence of bullying at Prince Harry charity
Short Url
https://arab.news/898sn
UK regulator says no evidence of bullying at Prince Harry charity
Trump to remove Vietnam from restricted tech list: Hanoi
HANOI: US President Donald Trump told Vietnam’s top leader To Lam he would “instruct the relevant agencies” to remove the country from a list restricted from accessing advanced US technologies, Vietnam’s government announced Saturday.
The two leaders met in person for the first time at the White House on Friday, after Lam attended the inaugural meeting of Trump’s “Board of Peace” in Washington.
“Donald Trump said he would instruct the relevant agencies to soon remove Vietnam from the strategic export control list,” Hanoi’s Government News website said.
The two countries were locked in protracted trade negotiations when the US Supreme Court ruled many of Trump’s sweeping tariffs were illegal.
Three Vietnamese airlines announced nearly $37 billion in purchases this week, in a series of contracts signed with US aerospace companies.
Fledgling airline Sun PhuQuoc Airways placed an order for 40 of Boeing’s 787 Dreamliners, a long-haul aircraft, with an estimated total value of $22.5 billion, while national carrier Vietnam Airlines placed an $8.1 billion order for around 50 Boeing 737-8 aircraft.
When Trump announced his “Liberation Day” tariffs in April, Vietnam had the third-largest trade surplus with the US of any country after China and Mexico, and was targeted with one of the highest rates in Trump’s tariff blitz.
But in July, Hanoi secured a minimum 20 percent tariff with Washington, down from more than 40 percent, in return for opening its market to US products including cars.
Trump signed off on a global 10-percent tariff on Friday on all countries hours after the Supreme Court ruled many of his levies on imports were illegal.
The two leaders met in person for the first time at the White House on Friday, after Lam attended the inaugural meeting of Trump’s “Board of Peace” in Washington.
“Donald Trump said he would instruct the relevant agencies to soon remove Vietnam from the strategic export control list,” Hanoi’s Government News website said.
The two countries were locked in protracted trade negotiations when the US Supreme Court ruled many of Trump’s sweeping tariffs were illegal.
Three Vietnamese airlines announced nearly $37 billion in purchases this week, in a series of contracts signed with US aerospace companies.
Fledgling airline Sun PhuQuoc Airways placed an order for 40 of Boeing’s 787 Dreamliners, a long-haul aircraft, with an estimated total value of $22.5 billion, while national carrier Vietnam Airlines placed an $8.1 billion order for around 50 Boeing 737-8 aircraft.
When Trump announced his “Liberation Day” tariffs in April, Vietnam had the third-largest trade surplus with the US of any country after China and Mexico, and was targeted with one of the highest rates in Trump’s tariff blitz.
But in July, Hanoi secured a minimum 20 percent tariff with Washington, down from more than 40 percent, in return for opening its market to US products including cars.
Trump signed off on a global 10-percent tariff on Friday on all countries hours after the Supreme Court ruled many of his levies on imports were illegal.
© 2026 SAUDI RESEARCH & PUBLISHING COMPANY, All Rights Reserved And subject to Terms of Use Agreement.










