BEIJING: China will pay no attention if the United States continues to play the “tariff numbers game,” China’s foreign ministry said on Thursday, after the White House outline how China faces tariffs of up to 245 percent due to its retaliatory actions.
In a fact sheet released on Tuesday, the White House said China’s total duties include the latest reciprocal tariff of 125 percent, a 20 percent tariff to address the fentanyl crisis, and tariffs of between 7.5 percent and 100 percent on specific goods to address unfair trade practices.
US President Donald Trump announced additional tariffs on all countries two weeks ago, before suddenly rolling back higher “reciprocal tariffs” for dozens of countries while keeping punishing duties on China.
Beijing raised its own levies on US goods in response and has not sought talks, which it says can only be conducted on the basis of mutual respect and equality. Meanwhile, many other nations have begun looking at bilateral deals with Washington.
Last week, China also filed a new complaint with the World Trade Organization expressing “grave concern” over US tariffs, accusing Washington of violating the global trade body’s rules.
China this week unexpectedly appointed a new trade negotiator who would be key in any talks to resolve the escalating tariff war, replacing trade tsar Wang Shouwen with Li Chenggang, its envoy to the WTO.
Washington said Trump was open to making a trade deal with China but Beijing should make the first move, insisting that China needed “our money.”
China says it will ignore US threats to raise tariffs up to 245%
Short Url
https://arab.news/82bv8
China says it will ignore US threats to raise tariffs up to 245%
- Washington said Trump was open to making a trade deal with China but Beijing should make the first move, insisting that China needed “our money”
French hard-left party says evacuates Paris HQ after ‘bomb threat’
- The party’s coordinator Manuel Bompard said all employees and activists are safe
PARIS: France’s hard-left France Unbowed party said Wednesday it had to evacuate its Paris headquarters following a “bomb threat,” after it was accused of partial responsibility in the killing of a far-right activist.
“The national headquarters of LFI have just been evacuated following a bomb threat. Police services are on site. All employees and activists are safe,” the party’s coordinator Manuel Bompard said on X.
“The national headquarters of LFI have just been evacuated following a bomb threat. Police services are on site. All employees and activists are safe,” the party’s coordinator Manuel Bompard said on X.
© 2026 SAUDI RESEARCH & PUBLISHING COMPANY, All Rights Reserved And subject to Terms of Use Agreement.










