MADRID: Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti said Monday midfielders Jude Bellingham and Aurelien Tchouameni are back from injury as Los Blancos begin the defense of their Champions League trophy.
The record 15-time winners and current holders face German side Stuttgart on Tuesday at the Santiago Bernabeu and are boosted by the return of England international Bellingham and France’s Tchouameni.
Defender Eder Militao did not train on Monday but Ancelotti said the Brazilian would also be ready for the clash.
“Bellingham is good, just as Tchouameni is good, and Militao too for tomorrow, who didn’t train today because he needed one more day of recovery,” said Ancelotti.
“Two important players are back, but we also have the bad luck to have lost another important player (Brahim Diaz).”
Bellingham, who began the season in a deeper midfield role than in the previous campaign, suffered a calf injury in August which forced him out of four La Liga matches.
“(His return) is fantastic news, for what he brings in a football sense, as well as beyond that,” said Dani Carvajal.
“To see him in the squad again is great, we count on him.”
The midfielder was crucial last season on the way to the Wembley final where Madrid beat his former side Borussia Dortmund.
Ancelotti said his team was just as hungry to win the competition this year.
“We’re as (excited) as always, what this competition brings us, where this club has been such a protagonist for so long, and keeps being one,” added Ancelotti.
“The Champions League is special for Real Madrid, we will try to compete until the end.”
Bellingham, Tchouameni back for Madrid’s Champions League opener
https://arab.news/9cpka
Bellingham, Tchouameni back for Madrid’s Champions League opener
- Defender Eder Militao did not train on Monday but Ancelotti said the Brazilian would also be ready for the clash
Flick tells Barca stars to feel ‘responsibility’ for dip
- “I think everyone is convinced about what we are doing, of course in these moments it’s not easy,” Flick said
- “We were very honest and also very open, it’s not only me telling them what to do, I want to ask them”
BARCELONA: Barcelona coach Hansi Flick told his team they must feel responsibility after two damaging defeats ahead of Sunday’s clash against Levante in La Liga.
The Catalan giants are bolstered by the return of Pedri Gonzalez and Marcus Rashford after injury as they aim to overhaul Real Madrid in the Spanish title race.
After a 4-0 thrashing by Atletico Madrid last week in the Copa del Rey semifinal first leg, Barca fell to a 2-1 league defeat against Girona on Monday, giving Los Blancos a two-point advantage at the summit.
“I think everyone is convinced about what we are doing, of course in these moments it’s not easy,” Flick told reporters Saturday.
“For me, communication is always important. We were very honest and also very open, it’s not only me telling them what to do, I want to ask them. This is how I manage the team.
“It is important because we need leaders on the pitch, they should (be able) to say something. That’s how communication is, on the same eye-level.
“At the end, I have to decide things, that is my job, but I want the players to feel the responsibility about this situation, and I think they do.”
Rashford returns after a fortnight out with a knee problem, while key playmaker Pedri has missed a month with a hamstring injury.
“The positive thing is Rashford is back, Pedri is back,” said Flick.
“Maybe (Pedri) can play some minutes, the important thing is he’s training, with his quality.
“He’s an important player for us, he’s a different kind of leader because of his quality.
“He can also be one of these leaders for the future for this club.”
Flick also confirmed 21-year-old midfielder Gavi is back in training after undergoing knee surgery in September 2025.
Real Madrid visit Osasuna on Saturday aiming to stretch their lead on Barca before Levante visit Camp Nou.










