LONDON: King Charles III and Queen Camilla will attend an Easter service at the chapel at Windsor Castle on Sunday, Buckingham Palace officials said Tuesday, in the first major appearance for the 75-year-old king since he was diagnosed with cancer in February.
Officials said Charles and Camilla will be accompanied by members of the royal family at St. George’s Chapel. The event is expected to be smaller than usual. Prince William and Kate, the Princess of Wales, who announced last week that she is also undergoing cancer treatment, are not expected to attend.
The king is undergoing treatment and has suspended almost all his public engagements since his diagnosis. Officials didn’t disclose what form of cancer Charles has but said it’s not related to his recent treatment for a benign prostate condition.
Officials have said the monarch is continuing with state business, including regular weekly meetings with Prime Minister Rishi Sunak, and won’t be handing over his constitutional role as head of state.
On Tuesday, Charles was shown meeting community and faith leaders from across the UK at Buckingham Palace to hear about their work of boosting social cohesion amid heightened international tensions.
King Charles III will attend Easter Sunday service in his first major appearance since diagnosis
https://arab.news/4jsdq
King Charles III will attend Easter Sunday service in his first major appearance since diagnosis
- Officials said Charles and Camilla will be accompanied by members of the royal family at St. George’s Chapel
- Prince William and Kate, the Princess of Wales, are not expected to attend
Jordan’s king, UK’s PM discuss Gaza, regional stability
- King Abdullah urges support for Syria’s efforts to protect its security, stability, sovereignty
- King also meets UK’s chief of defense staff during London visit
LONDON: The UK’s Prime Minister Keir Starmer met King Abdullah II of Jordan to discuss ways to support regional stability in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, Downing Street said on Tuesday.
The meeting was also attended by Crown Prince Hussein and focused on the continuing need to advocate for increased access for humanitarian aid into Gaza.
It also aimed at supporting reforms within the Palestinian Authority to facilitate the ceasefire and help implement the US-led peace plan.
The parties praised the strong relationship between the UK and Jordan, especially in defense cooperation.
The king reaffirmed Jordan’s opposition to Israeli actions aimed at establishing settlements and asserting sovereignty over the occupied West Bank, according to the Jordan News Agency.
He emphasized the importance of implementing the US-backed agreement to end the war in Gaza. He also urged support for the efforts of the Syrian Arab Republic to protect its security, stability, and sovereignty, Petra added.
Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ayman Safadi, the Director of His Majesty’s Office Alaa Batayneh, and Jordan’s Ambassador to the UK Manar Dabbas were also present at the meeting.
The king met on Monday in London Air Chief Marshal Richard Knighton, the UK’s chief of the defense staff. Their discussion centered on enhancing defense cooperation between Jordan and the UK. Maj. Gen. Yousef Huneiti, the chairman of Jordan’s joint chiefs of staff, also attended this meeting.
The king had met former British officials and members of Parliament prior to meeting Knighton. Discussions addressed the UK’s role in supporting efforts to restore stability within the region, alongside developments in Jerusalem, Gaza, Syria, and Iran.










