Saudi foreign minister discusses Gaza during bilateral meetings in Munich

1 / 4
Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan meets Omani Foreign Minister Sayyid Badr Al-Busaidi. (SPA)
2 / 4
Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan meets Canadian Foreign Minister Melanie Joly. (SPA)
3 / 4
Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan meets Bulgarian Foreign Minister Mariya Gabriel. (SPA)
4 / 4
Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan meets UK Foreign Secretary David Cameron. (SPA)
Short Url
Updated 17 February 2024
Follow

Saudi foreign minister discusses Gaza during bilateral meetings in Munich

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia’s Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan on Friday met David Cameron, the UK’s foreign secretary, on the sidelines of the Munich Security Conference.

The parties reviewed bilateral relations and ways to strengthen them, the Kingdom’s Foreign Ministry said.

They also discussed the latest developments in the Gaza Strip and its surrounding areas, and the international efforts being made to end the conflict.

Prince Faisal also held similar meetings with Melanie Joly and Mariya Gabriel, respective Canadian and Bulgarian foreign ministers.

He also met NATO’s Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg to discuss the most prominent international developments.

Prince Faisal’s meeting with Oman’s Foreign Minister Sayyid Badr Al-Busaidi focused on relations between the two countries and ways to develop them, while reviewing opportunities for bilateral cooperation in various fields.

They also exchange views on the latest regional and international developments of common interest.


Saudi project clears 2,676 explosive devices in Yemen

Updated 5 sec ago
Follow

Saudi project clears 2,676 explosive devices in Yemen

  • Ousama Al-Gosaibi, Project Masam’s managing director, said the initiative had cleared a total of 544,187 mines since it began in 2018

RIYADH: Members of Saudi Arabia’s Project Masam removed 2,108 explosive devices from various regions of Yemen last week.

The total included 2,484 unexploded ordnances, 149 anti-tank mines, 17 anti-personnel mines and 26 improvised explosive devices, according to a recent report.

The explosives were planted indiscriminately and posed a threat to civilians, including children, women and the elderly.

The demining operations took place in Marib, Aden, Jouf, Shabwa, Taiz, Hodeidah, Lahij, Sanaa, Al-Bayda, Al-Dhale and Saada.

Ousama Al-Gosaibi, Project Masam’s managing director, said the initiative had cleared a total of 544,187 mines since it began in 2018.

Teams are tasked with clearing villages, roads and schools to facilitate the safe movement of civilians and delivery of humanitarian aid.

The project trains local demining engineers, provides them with modern equipment, and offers support to Yemenis injured by the devices.