ANKARA: More than 100 evacuees from Gaza are set to arrive in Turkiye on Monday, including dozens of people who will receive medical treatment there, Turkiye’s health minister and foreign ministry spokesman said.
Sixty-one patients, accompanied by 49 relatives, arrived in Egypt from Gaza on Sunday evening and were scheduled to fly to Ankara on Monday after spending the night at Al Arish hospital, Health Minister Fahrettin Koca said.
He said last week that Ankara wanted to bring as many of the nearly 1,000 cancer patients from Gaza to Turkiye as possible. The first 27 patients arrived in Ankara last Thursday.
Separately, a group of 87 people, consisting of Turks, Turkish Cypriots and their relatives, arrived in Egypt from Gaza on Sunday and was set to fly to Istanbul late on Monday, Foreign Ministry Spokesman Oncu Keceli said.
Forty-four Turks who traveled from Gaza to Egypt at the weekend arrived in Istanbul on Sunday, footage shared by the foreign ministry showed.
Keceli also said that if conditions on the ground permit, Turkiye aimed to get around 100 more people out of Gaza on Monday.
Speaking in parliament, Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan said Turkiye’s efforts to get its citizens out of Gaza were continuing.
“Until today, we have secured the exit from Gaza of 170 of our citizens and their relatives,” he said, adding there would be further evacuations on Monday and Tuesday.
A month ago, Turkish Deputy Foreign Minister Ahmet Yildiz said some 700 people, including Turkish, Palestinian, and northern Cypriot citizens, had applied to Turkiye to be evacuated from Gaza. Around 300 of them were Turkish citizens.
More than 100 Gaza evacuees to arrive in Turkiye
https://arab.news/yxsj3
More than 100 Gaza evacuees to arrive in Turkiye
- 61 patients, accompanied by some 49 relatives, arrived in Egypt from Gaza scheduled to fly to Ankara
- The first 27 patients arrived in Ankara last Thursday
Jordan condemns US ambassador remarks on accepting Israel’s West Bank annexation
- The Jordanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs said it rejects the ambassador’s “absurd and provocative statements”
CAIRO: Jordan condemned Saturday earlier remarks by US envoy to Israel Mike Huckabee, who said it would be acceptable if Israel took control of the entire Middle East, including the West Bank.
Huckabee has suggested that he would not object if Israel were to take most of the Middle East.
The Jordanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs said it rejects the ambassador’s “absurd and provocative statements,” in a statement published on Petra News Agency.
Ministry spokesman Fouad Majali said the remarks “constitute a violation of diplomatic norms, an infringement on the sovereignty of the region's countries, a blatant breach of international law and the UN Charter.”
Majali also said they contradict diplomatic efforts by the United States and the declared position of US President Donald Trump in rejecting the annexation of the occupied West Bank.
The spokesperson reaffirmed that the West Bank, including East Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip are occupied Palestinian territories under international law, and that ending Israel’s occupation is a must for the establishment of an independent Palestinian state on all of the occupied Palestinian territory, based on the two-state solution.










