Food packages, dates distributed to Indonesia by Saudi Arabia

1 / 5
The gifts were received by Indonesia's Ministry of Religious Affairs at the Saudi embassy in Jakarta in the attendance of Saudi Ambassador to Indonesia Isaam bin Ahmad Al-Thaqafi. (SPA)
2 / 5
The King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center (KSrelief) distributed 200 Ramadan food baskets in Pristina, Kosovo, for 200 families including 1,000 individuals. (SPA)
3 / 5
The King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center (KSrelief) distributed 200 Ramadan food baskets in Pristina, Kosovo, for 200 families including 1,000 individuals. (SPA)
4 / 5
The King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center (KSrelief) distributed 200 Ramadan food baskets in Pristina, Kosovo, for 200 families including 1,000 individuals. (SPA)
5 / 5
The King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center (KSrelief) distributed 200 Ramadan food baskets in Pristina, Kosovo, for 200 families including 1,000 individuals. (SPA)
Short Url
Updated 17 April 2022
Follow

Food packages, dates distributed to Indonesia by Saudi Arabia

  • The gifts form part of King Salman Program for Fasting and Dates Distribution

RIYADH: More than 2,500 Ramadan food baskets, 15 tons of dates and 200,000 copies of the Quran have been sent from Saudi Arabia to Indonesia, Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported.

The gifts, a part of the King Salman Program for Fasting and Dates Distribution, were received by Indonesia's Ministry of Religious Affairs at the Saudi embassy in Jakarta in the attendance of Saudi Ambassador to Indonesia Isaam bin Ahmad Al-Thaqafi.

The donation comes days after Saudi Arabia launched the King Salman program for iftar last week in Sudan, South Sudan, Bangladesh and Ethiopia with the distribution of dates and food packages.

And on Saturday, the King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center (KSrelief) distributed 200 Ramadan food baskets in Pristina, Kosovo, for 200 families including 1,000 individuals.


Saudi project clears 2,676 explosive devices in Yemen

Updated 5 sec ago
Follow

Saudi project clears 2,676 explosive devices in Yemen

  • Ousama Al-Gosaibi, Project Masam’s managing director, said the initiative had cleared a total of 544,187 mines since it began in 2018

RIYADH: Members of Saudi Arabia’s Project Masam removed 2,108 explosive devices from various regions of Yemen last week.

The total included 2,484 unexploded ordnances, 149 anti-tank mines, 17 anti-personnel mines and 26 improvised explosive devices, according to a recent report.

The explosives were planted indiscriminately and posed a threat to civilians, including children, women and the elderly.

The demining operations took place in Marib, Aden, Jouf, Shabwa, Taiz, Hodeidah, Lahij, Sanaa, Al-Bayda, Al-Dhale and Saada.

Ousama Al-Gosaibi, Project Masam’s managing director, said the initiative had cleared a total of 544,187 mines since it began in 2018.

Teams are tasked with clearing villages, roads and schools to facilitate the safe movement of civilians and delivery of humanitarian aid.

The project trains local demining engineers, provides them with modern equipment, and offers support to Yemenis injured by the devices.