Arab coalition destroys 13 Houthi military targets in Sanaa, Saada, and Marib

The Arab coalition said on Saturday it had destroyed 13 Houthi military targets in the governorates of Sanaa, Saada, and Marib. (File/AFP)
Short Url
Updated 20 November 2021
Follow

Arab coalition destroys 13 Houthi military targets in Sanaa, Saada, and Marib

  • Operations were also carried out on Yemen’s western coast to support maritime forces and protect civilians

RIYADH: The Arab coalition said on Saturday that it had destroyed 13 Houthi military targets in an operation against the militia in the governorates of Sanaa, Saada, and Marib.

The targets included weapons depots, air defense systems, and equipment to launch drones.

Earlier on Saturday, the coalition said it had killed over 70 Houthis and destroyed 11 military vehicles in strikes on the provinces of Marib and Al-Bayda during the last 24 hours.

Operations were also carried out on the western coast of the country to support maritime forces and protect civilians, the coalition added.

The operations on the western coast targeted a command and control center, a location for storing and directing drones, and supply points.


About 50,000 worshippers perform Taraweeh prayer at Al-Aqsa Mosque

Updated 3 sec ago
Follow

About 50,000 worshippers perform Taraweeh prayer at Al-Aqsa Mosque

  • Palestinians are observing Ramadan amid heightened tensions in the occupied West Bank
  • Over 300 Jerusalemites have recently received Israeli orders prohibiting their entry to Al-Aqsa Mosque during the fasting month

LONDON: Nearly 50,000 worshippers performed the Isha and Ramadan Taraweeh prayers on Sunday evening at the Al-Aqsa Mosque in the walled city of occupied East Jerusalem.

Thousands of Palestinians gathered at Al-Aqsa despite facing Israeli military checkpoints and strict identity checks at the mosque’s gates, according to the Jerusalem Governorate.

Palestinians are observing the fasting month of Ramadan, which began last Wednesday, amid heightened tensions in the occupied West Bank, including attacks by settlers, and Israeli raids and arrests.

Over 300 Jerusalemites have recently received Israeli orders prohibiting their entry to Al-Aqsa during Ramadan, the Wafa news agency reported.

Israeli forces have increased their military presence in Jerusalem and restricted access to Al-Aqsa to children under 12, men over 55, and women over 50.

Since Wednesday, thousands of Palestinians have lined up to pass through military checkpoints, including Qalandiya and Bethlehem, in hopes of attending prayers at Al-Aqsa Mosque during Ramadan.