KUALA LUMPUR: Three Asian badminton tournaments have been delayed indefinitely while two others have been shifted to new dates due to coronavirus-related disruptions, officials said Friday.
The Malaysia Masters, the Indonesia Masters and Indonesia Open have been postponed with no new dates yet set, said the Badminton World Federation.
The Malaysia Open, previously due to take place from late March to early April, has been shifted to May 25 to 30.
The Singapore Open, previously scheduled for April, will now happen from June 1-6.
The Olympic qualifying period for the Tokyo Games will now close on June 15, with the last tournament counting for qualification being the Singapore Open.
The 2020 badminton calendar was thrown into chaos due to the virus.
Three tournaments took place in consecutive weeks in Bangkok in January, in a bid to kick-start the world tour.
Coronavirus delays Asian badminton tournaments
https://arab.news/j7n27
Coronavirus delays Asian badminton tournaments
- Malaysia Masters, the Indonesia Masters and Indonesia Open have been postponed with no new dates yet set
Football star Neymar says he may retire by end of 2026
- Brazil striker extended his contract with his childhood club Santos last month
- Neymar remains doubtful for participation at the World Cup this year
Brazil striker Neymar, who extended his contract with his childhood club Santos last month, said that he may retire by the end of the year.
The 34-year-old forward returned to his boyhood club Santos in January 2025 and played a key role in their survival in the Brazilian top flight, scoring five times in their last five matches.
But Neymar, who has struggled with injuries in recent seasons, remains doubtful for participation at the World Cup this year.
“I don’t know what will happen from now on, I don’t know about next year,” he told Brazilian online channel Caze on Friday.
“It may be that when December comes, I’ll want to retire. I’m living year to year now.”
“This year is a very important year, not only for Santos, but also for the Brazilian national team, as it’s a World Cup year, and for me too,” Neymar said.
Neymar, who recently underwent successful knee surgery, has scored 79 goals for Brazil, the highest by any player, but he has not featured for the national side since October 2023.
Brazil manager Carlo Ancelotti has made it clear over the past year that he will only include players who are fully fit for the World Cup, scheduled to take place from June 11 to July 19 in Canada, Mexico, and the United States.










