Israel says drone falls in Lebanese territory, Hezbollah says it brought it down

The Israeli military said the drone had fallen in Lebanese territory during an operation near the border demarcation known as the Blue Line and that there was, “no breach of information.” (File/AFP)
Short Url
Updated 01 February 2021
Follow

Israel says drone falls in Lebanese territory, Hezbollah says it brought it down

  • Hezbollah say they have shot down an Israeli drone inside Lebanese airspace
  • Israelis claim drone was on a mission in the area known as the Blue Line and had committed no violations

BEIRUT: Lebanon’s Hezbollah said on Monday it brought down an Israeli drone that had entered Lebanese airspace, while the Israeli military said one of its drones had fallen inside Lebanon.
Hezbollah said in a statement carried by Al-Manar television that it was now in control of the drone.
The Israeli military said the drone had fallen in Lebanese territory during an operation near the border demarcation known as the Blue Line and that there was, “no breach of information.”


Syria launches debris removal campaign in Idlib

Updated 4 sec ago
Follow

Syria launches debris removal campaign in Idlib

  • Officials will prioritize reopening roads to enhance basic services, help residents’ return

LONDON: Syrian authorities launched a campaign to remove at least 600,000 cubic meters of debris in Idlib province, which was created by the civil war.

The Syrian Ministry of Emergency and Disaster Management said on Thursday that the project targets the towns of Khan Sheikhoun, Maaret Al-Numan and Jisr Al-Shughour, areas that sustained significant damage during years of war.

Officials will prioritize removing debris and reopening main and secondary roads to enhance basic services, and facilitate residents’ return, according to the Syrian Arab News Agency.

Last year, about 450,000 cubic meters of rubble were cleared as part of a national recovery plan in Idlib. Officials said that removing debris is essential for restoring infrastructure and enabling displaced residents to return.

The northwestern province of Idlib experienced heavy rainfall in February, leading to the flooding of several displacement camps and the evacuation of hundreds of families. The civil war in Syria, which lasted from 2011 to 2024, left the country’s infrastructure in dire condition and in urgent need of repair.