DUBAI: The UAE’s Ministry of Health and Prevention confirmed 783 new COVID-19 cases, increasing the total number of people that are - or have been infected – to 19,661, state news agency WAM reported on Tuesday.
The ministry has also announced 631 recoveries, which puts the number of recovered patients in the country at 6,012. There were two fatalities, increasing the death toll to 203.
The cases were detected through the new 33,000 coronavirus tests conducted by authorities.
Earlier this week, the UAE’s Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization said employees infected with coronavirus will be given sick leave in accordance with Federal Law.
Law No. 8 of 1980 states that an employee who has completed over three months employment after their probation period is over, can get a sick leave for not more than 90 days for every year.
They should also get paid a full salary for the first 15 days, half salary for another 30 days, and no salary for the remaining 45 days, it added.
UAE confirms 783 new coronavirus cases, more recoveries and fatalities
https://arab.news/jswfm
UAE confirms 783 new coronavirus cases, more recoveries and fatalities
- The ministry also announced 631 recoveries and two fatalities
- The cases were discovered through 33,000 new coronavirus tests
Jordan condemns US ambassador remarks on accepting Israel’s West Bank annexation
- The Jordanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs said it rejects the ambassador’s “absurd and provocative statements”
CAIRO: Jordan condemned Saturday earlier remarks by US envoy to Israel Mike Huckabee, who said it would be acceptable if Israel took control of the entire Middle East, including the West Bank.
Huckabee has suggested that he would not object if Israel were to take most of the Middle East.
The Jordanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs said it rejects the ambassador’s “absurd and provocative statements,” in a statement published on Petra News Agency.
Ministry spokesman Fouad Majali said the remarks “constitute a violation of diplomatic norms, an infringement on the sovereignty of the region's countries, a blatant breach of international law and the UN Charter.”
Majali also said they contradict diplomatic efforts by the United States and the declared position of US President Donald Trump in rejecting the annexation of the occupied West Bank.
The spokesperson reaffirmed that the West Bank, including East Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip are occupied Palestinian territories under international law, and that ending Israel’s occupation is a must for the establishment of an independent Palestinian state on all of the occupied Palestinian territory, based on the two-state solution.










