Saudi Tourism Ministry unveils new logo

Short Url
Updated 27 February 2020

Saudi Tourism Ministry unveils new logo

  • The logo reinforces the Ministry of Tourism’s aim to achieve the goals of the national tourism strategy

RIYADH: The Ministry of Tourism has unveiled its new logo, which embodies the slogan “Hello World,” a day after the initiation of the new ministry.

The design’s lines and vibrant colors were inspired by the color of the Saudi flag and incorporates the Kingdom’s map.

The new slogan’s reveal coincided with the launching of the new Saudi tourist visa to visitors from all over the world, granting citizens of 49 countries access to the Kingdom, either online or upon arrival. 

It also applies members of the Schengen area visa, US visa and UK entry visa, provided travelers have used their visa to reach these countries first, using a national air carrier to reach the Kingdom where they can obtain the visa upon arrival. 

The logo reinforces the Ministry of Tourism’s aim to achieve the goals of the national tourism strategy, which includes increasing the sector’s contribution to national income by 10 percent, in addition to creating 1 million new jobs, and facilitating 100 million visits by tourists by 2030.


Saudi forces intercept ballistic missiles over Riyadh and Jazan

Updated 29 March 2020

Saudi forces intercept ballistic missiles over Riyadh and Jazan

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia’s air defense forces shot down ballistic missiles toward Riyadh and the southern city of Jazan late on Saturday.

Col. Turki al-Maliki, spokesman for the Saudi-led Arab coalition helping Yemen's legitimate government, said the Royal Saudi Air Defense Forces intercepted and destroyed at 11:23 p.m. on Saturday two ballistic missiles over Riyadh.

At least one missile has also been intercepted over the southern city of Jazan, according to Al Arabiya sources.

Al-Maliki said the missiles were fired by the "Houthi terrorist militia" from Sanaa and Saada in Yemen toward civilian objects and civilians in the Kingdom.

Lt. Col. Mohammed Al Hammadi, media spokesperson for the Civil Defense in the Riyadh region, said two civilians from separate neighborhoods in the capital were injured by falling debris from the intercepted missiles as they exploded in mid-air.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack, but Yemen’s Iran-aligned Houthi terrorists have previously targeted Riyadh and other Saudi cities with missiles, rockets and drones.

Three explosions were heard in the curfew-locked capital before midnight amid efforts to curb the coronavirus pandemic, residents said on social media.

It was the first major assault on Saudi Arabia since the Houthis offered last September to halt attacks on the Kingdom after devastating twin strikes on Saudi oil installations.