Saudi Arabia’s King Salman meets Palestinian President Abbas

1 / 9
Saudi Arabia’s King Salman met with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in the capital Riyadh. (SPA)
2 / 9
Saudi Arabia’s King Salman met with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in the capital Riyadh. (SPA)
3 / 9
Saudi Arabia’s King Salman met with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in the capital Riyadh. (SPA)
4 / 9
Saudi Arabia’s King Salman met with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in the capital Riyadh. (SPA)
5 / 9
Saudi Arabia’s King Salman met with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in the capital Riyadh. (SPA)
6 / 9
Saudi Arabia’s King Salman met with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in the capital Riyadh. (SPA)
7 / 9
Saudi Arabia’s King Salman met with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in the capital Riyadh. (SPA)
8 / 9
Saudi Arabia’s King Salman met with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in the capital Riyadh. (SPA)
9 / 9
Saudi Arabia’s King Salman met with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in the capital Riyadh. (SPA)
Updated 16 October 2019
Follow

Saudi Arabia’s King Salman meets Palestinian President Abbas

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia’s King Salman met with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on Wednesday in the capital Riyadh.
The king welcomed Abbas and his accompanying delegation to the Kingdom, while the Palestinian president expressed his pleasure in visiting the Kingdom and meeting with the king.
During the reception, the Palestinian president was greeted by a number of princes, ministers and military sector leaders.
King Salman also hosted a luncheon in honor of the president and his accompanying delegation.


Saudi project clears 2,676 explosive devices in Yemen

Updated 5 sec ago
Follow

Saudi project clears 2,676 explosive devices in Yemen

  • Ousama Al-Gosaibi, Project Masam’s managing director, said the initiative had cleared a total of 544,187 mines since it began in 2018

RIYADH: Members of Saudi Arabia’s Project Masam removed 2,108 explosive devices from various regions of Yemen last week.

The total included 2,484 unexploded ordnances, 149 anti-tank mines, 17 anti-personnel mines and 26 improvised explosive devices, according to a recent report.

The explosives were planted indiscriminately and posed a threat to civilians, including children, women and the elderly.

The demining operations took place in Marib, Aden, Jouf, Shabwa, Taiz, Hodeidah, Lahij, Sanaa, Al-Bayda, Al-Dhale and Saada.

Ousama Al-Gosaibi, Project Masam’s managing director, said the initiative had cleared a total of 544,187 mines since it began in 2018.

Teams are tasked with clearing villages, roads and schools to facilitate the safe movement of civilians and delivery of humanitarian aid.

The project trains local demining engineers, provides them with modern equipment, and offers support to Yemenis injured by the devices.