Hasan Al-Attas, director general of operation at the Saudi Fund for Development 

Hasan Al-Attas
Updated 11 July 2019

Hasan Al-Attas, director general of operation at the Saudi Fund for Development 

Hasan Al-Attas is the director general of operation and head of the Saudi Grant Management Committee at the Saudi Fund for Development (SFD), as well as the director general of projects and studies at the Saudi Development and Reconstruction Program for Yemen (SDRPY) since April 2018.

In his role at the SFD Al-Attas recently signed three agreements with EFG Hermes for Leasing, UE Finance, and Global Lease company.

The ceremony took place on Saturday at the Egyptian Ministry of Investment and International Cooperation headquarters in Cairo, attended by the Egyptian Minister of Investment Dr. Sahar Nasr, Egypt’s Minister of Transport Lt. Gen. Kamel Al-Waziri, and Saudi Ambassador to Egypt Osama Nugali.

The three agreements were brought in by the SFD to implement Saudi Arabia’s grant to Egypt. Their funding will go into micro and industrial projects, as well as new and renewable energy and agricultural projects.

Hasan Al-Attas obtained his bachelor’s degree from King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran in civil engineering in 1978. He received a master’s of engineering in project management from the University of Colorado Boulder in 1981. He also attended Harvard Business School for an advanced project management course in 2011.

His career began with the SFD in 1981. In 2011, he took the role of general manager of the Real Estate Development Fund for a year before moving to sit on the board of the Agricultural Development Fund.

Al-Attas was also a member in the GCC Committee for Gaza Reconstruction at the Islamic Development Bank for six years, from 2011 to 2017. 

He was appointed as CEO of Advanced Mashreq Mining Co. in 2016 and still holds that position while working with SDRPY and SFD.


British ambassador to Saudi Arabia condemns Houthi drone attack targeting the Kingdom

Updated 28 May 2020

British ambassador to Saudi Arabia condemns Houthi drone attack targeting the Kingdom

  • Neil Crompton denounced the attack that aimed for “civilian targets,” and said the Houthis “must cease such attacks”
  • The Arab coalition intercepted the drones launched across the border from Yemen on Wednesday

LONDON: Britain’s ambassador to Saudi Arabia condemned the Houthis for launching drones toward the Saudi city of Najran.
The Arab coalition intercepted the drones launched across the border from Yemen on Wednesday.
Neil Crompton denounced the attack that aimed for “civilian targets,” and said the Houthis “must cease such attacks.”
“If the Houthis want to show they are serious about peace, they must cease such attacks and agree to Griffiths’ proposals,” the ambassador said Thursday, referring to a roadmap set out by the UN envoy to Yemen Martin Griffiths.
On Wednesday, Arab coalition spokesman Col. Turki Al-Maliki said the Houthi militia continued to violate international humanitarian law by launching drones and deliberately targeting civilians and residential areas, threatening the lives of hundreds of civilians.
He also said the Houthis have violated a cease-fire that was announced last month 4,455 times so far.
Meanwhile, Yemen’s Information Minister Moammar Al-Eryani warned against Houthi recruitment of African refugees and illegal immigrants to fight against the legitimate government in the country.
He said that African refugees and illegal immigrants were being tortured and forced to fight in Houthi ranks, smuggle drugs and carry out espionage tasks.

Related