RIYADH: Prince Sultan bin Salman, president of the Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage (SCTH), and Prof. Bae Kidong, director general of the National Museum of Korea, will jointly inaugurate the first-ever exhibition of Korean history and culture on Dec. 19.
The three-month long cultural jamboree will feature glorious history and heritage of South Korea in the Kingdom.
“The SCTH and the Korean National Museum are jointly organizing this exhibition on Korean history and culture from Dec. 19, 2018, to March 15, 2019, in Riyadh,” said Korean Ambassador Jo Byung-wook. Jo said the exhibition is the continuation of a series of cultural exchanges between the two countries that started with the “Roads of Arabia” exhibition jointly organized by the SCTH and the Korean National Museum in Seoul last year.
The “Roads of Arabia” exhibition was a huge success that attracted tens of thousands of Koreans to Saudi history and culture, he added.
We expect the Korean culture and history exhibition in Riyadh to be equally successful,” said the envoy.
“The Korean exposition will promote the mutual understanding and goodwill between Korea and Saudi Arabia,” he said.
He said the total number of Saudis, who visited Korea in 2017 exceeded 11,300, which represents a marked increase over the past years.
“In fact, it is very encouraging to see more and more Saudis choose Korea as their destination for business, tourism, higher education, and health care,” he added.
The top diplomat said more than 440 Saudi students are currently studying in Korea.
Korea, he said, has played a key role in the development of the Kingdom’s infrastructure while Riyadh has been a stable energy supplier to Seoul.
Saudi tourism chief to open Korean culture expo this week
Saudi tourism chief to open Korean culture expo this week
- The top diplomat said more than 440 Saudi students are currently studying in Korea
Over 17,000 inspections conducted in Madinah ahead of Ramadan
- Ongoing operational plan involves more than 5,700 personnel, supported by over 1,230 pieces of equipment and machinery
- Work is focusing on health and commercial inspection tours - raising compliance levels with regulatory requirements
RIYADH: The Ministry of Municipalities and Housing, represented by the Madinah Regional Municipality, has intensified field and operational preparations to improve service readiness and ensure uninterrupted services for visitors to the holy city during Ramadan, which began Wednesday.
The ongoing operational plan involves more than 5,700 personnel, supported by over 1,230 pieces of equipment and machinery, reflecting the scale of the preparations and the municipality’s capacity to manage the expected crowds and increased activity.
The work is focusing on health and commercial inspection tours, raising compliance levels with regulatory requirements, and boosting oversight of activities related to public health and food safety to ensure a safe and healthy environment, reported the Saudi Press Agency.
The ministry has conducted more than 13,000 inspections targeting health-related activities and nearly 4,000 covering commercial activities.
In addition, 8,000 food and water samples are being collected to verify compliance with approved health standards, as part of an integrated inspection system based on precise performance indicators.
The ministry has enhanced the readiness of emergency teams by implementing 12 alternative plans to ensure rapid response to emergencies and the continued efficient delivery of municipal services during peak times through its executive arm, Madinah Municipality.









