PARIS: France has charged eight men, including three minors, following an investigation into far-right activists allegedly plotting to target politicians and mosques, prosecutors announced Saturday in Paris.
The men — aged between 17 and 29 — are accused of being party to a “criminal terrorist conspiracy,” and of links to Logan Alexandre Nisin, a militant who was arrested near Marseille in June.
Nisin is the founder of a group dubbed OAS. He was detained after posting that he planned to attack blacks, jihadists, migrants and “scum.”
The 21-year-old had earlier come to the attention of French authorities as the administrator of a Facebook page glorifying neo-Nazi Anders Behring Breivik, who killed 77 people in a bomb and gun rampage in 2011 in Norway.
The prosecutor’s office in Paris said that the group formed by Nisin “had plans to commit violent actions with vague outlines.”
Anti-terror police had arrested 10 people on Tuesday over the alleged plot, but two of them, including Nisin’s mother, were released, the Paris prosecutor’s office said.
Among the potential targets for attacks were places of worship, including mosques, politicians, “people of North African descent or black people” and “anti-fascist” activists, a probe source said.
“The organization was planning purchases of weapons and paramilitary training. Some were already trained in shooting,” the source added.
OAS was the acronym for the Secret Army Organization, a French far-right paramilitary group that fought to stop Algerian independence.
Nisin was formerly active in the far-right political group Action Francaise.
France remains under an enhanced security status. Parliament on Wednesday adopted a tough anti-terror bill which which replace a state of emergency imposed in 2015 after jihadist attacks in Paris.
France charges eight over plot targeting politicians
France charges eight over plot targeting politicians
French hard-left party says evacuates Paris HQ after ‘bomb threat’
- The party’s coordinator Manuel Bompard said all employees and activists are safe
PARIS: France’s hard-left France Unbowed party said Wednesday it had to evacuate its Paris headquarters following a “bomb threat,” after it was accused of partial responsibility in the killing of a far-right activist.
“The national headquarters of LFI have just been evacuated following a bomb threat. Police services are on site. All employees and activists are safe,” the party’s coordinator Manuel Bompard said on X.
© 2026 SAUDI RESEARCH & PUBLISHING COMPANY, All Rights Reserved And subject to Terms of Use Agreement.









