Bisha governor inspects development projects

Updated 19 February 2016
Follow

Bisha governor inspects development projects

RIYADH: Bisha Gov. Mohammed bin Said bin Sabrah on Thursday inspected various development projects for 2016 amounting to more than SR22 million. A total of 130 projects are being implemented.
The governor also visited projects under the Social Development Center (SDC) in Bisha and the Charity Society Building.
He was accompanied by a group comprising Asir Health Affairs Director Dr. Mohamed Al-Habdan, Social Affairs Director General Hakim Al-Shahrani and other officials
Saleh bin Khubti, SDC director, said that a total of SR1.17 million had been appropriated for various projects, of which 40 have been approved.
The governor and his group also reviewed projects of 10 associations involved in charitable activities. He also reviewed and discussed government services to citizens including the allocation of SR33.8 million as social security benefits.
These are in addition to disability and temporary disability benefits, assistance to orphans and families of prisoners, and those who suffered from disasters, among others.
For its part, the Charity Society of Bisha donated a check for SR10,000 to a battered woman named Sharaa, in addition to other assistance.
The Charity Society thanked the governor for his visit, which ensures that the projects will be fully implemented.
The governor expressed his thanks to the Charity Society for its various civic and humanitarian projects as well as to local officials for their help in the implementation of projects.


Over 17,000 inspections conducted in Madinah ahead of Ramadan

Updated 4 sec ago
Follow

Over 17,000 inspections conducted in Madinah ahead of Ramadan

  • Ongoing operational plan involves more than 5,700 personnel, supported by over 1,230 pieces of equipment and machinery
  • Work is focusing on health and commercial inspection tours, raising compliance levels with regulatory requirements,

RIYADH: The Ministry of Municipalities and Housing, represented by the Madinah Regional Municipality, has intensified field and operational preparations to improve service readiness and ensure uninterrupted services for visitors to the holy city during Ramadan, which began Wednesday.

The ongoing operational plan involves more than 5,700 personnel, supported by over 1,230 pieces of equipment and machinery, reflecting the scale of the preparations and the municipality’s capacity to manage the expected crowds and increased activity.

The work is focusing on health and commercial inspection tours, raising compliance levels with regulatory requirements, and boosting oversight of activities related to public health and food safety to ensure a safe and healthy environment, reported the Saudi Press Agency.

The ministry has conducted more than 13,000 inspections targeting health-related activities and nearly 4,000 covering commercial activities. 

In addition, 8,000 food and water samples are being collected to verify compliance with approved health standards, as part of an integrated inspection system based on precise performance indicators.

The ministry has enhanced the readiness of emergency teams by implementing 12 alternative plans to ensure rapid response to emergencies and the continued efficient delivery of municipal services during peak times through its executive arm, Madinah Municipality.