MrBeast’s first Saudi-shot video racks up tens of millions of views as Riyadh Season leans into his brand 

The collaboration comes amid a broader push by Riyadh Season to cement the Saudi capital’s status as a major entertainment destination. (Supplied)
Short Url
Updated 11 December 2025
Follow

MrBeast’s first Saudi-shot video racks up tens of millions of views as Riyadh Season leans into his brand 

  • ‘100 Pilots Fight for a Private Jet’ amassed around 72m views and tens of thousands of comments within days of release 
  • Production coincides with ‘Beast Land,’ a theme-park-style experience at Riyadh Season

LONDON: MrBeast’s first video filmed in Saudi Arabia has pulled in tens of millions of views within days of release, coinciding with Riyadh Season 2025’s celebrations themed around the US creator’s extravagant stunts and big-money giveaways. 

The YouTuber, whose real name is Jimmy Donaldson, published “100 Pilots Fight for a Private Jet” on Saturday, featuring 100 pilots from different countries competing for a private jet worth about $2.4 million. The episode follows his signature formula of large-scale, elimination-style challenges built around eye-catching prizes. 

Within a few days, the video had amassed around 72 million views and tens of thousands of comments, underscoring the continued global pull of MrBeast’s content. Organizers of Riyadh Season have highlighted the collaboration as a sign of the festival’s growing international profile. 

Donaldson, who began posting videos in 2012, has become one of the world’s most influential online creators, with more than 450 million subscribers and a business empire spanning sponsorships, consumer brands such as Feastables, and food ventures including MrBeast Burger. 

Various estimates value his wealth in the billions of dollars, although figures differ across sources. 

His rapid rise has also brought scrutiny. A reality competition project, “The Beast Games,” has faced lawsuits alleging unsafe working conditions, harassment, and withheld pay and prizes, claims that Donaldson has dismissed as being “blown out of proportion.” 

Some of his high-profile philanthropic videos, such as funding eye surgeries, hearing treatments, or well-building projects in Africa, have been questioned by observers who argue they blur the line between charity, branding, and spectacle. 

Despite the controversy, his popularity remains strong, including in the Middle East. In Riyadh, he has lent his name and concepts to “Beast Land,” a temporary theme-park-style experience running from Nov. 13 to Dec. 27, featuring obstacle courses and game-style challenges reminiscent of his online videos. 

The collaboration comes amid a broader push by Riyadh Season to cement the Saudi capital’s status as a major entertainment destination. Last year’s edition attracted more than 20 million visitors from 135 countries, and organizers say they expect greater numbers this year. 


Tucker Carlson claims he was detained at Israeli airport

Updated 20 February 2026
Follow

Tucker Carlson claims he was detained at Israeli airport

DUBAI: Earlier this week, Tucker Carlson flew to Israel to interview US Ambassador to Israel Mike Huckabee, according to media reports.

Carlson, who reportedly refused to leave Tel Aviv’s Ben Gurion Airport complex, conducted the interview at the airport, after which he said he and his staff were detained and their passports were seized.

“Men who identified themselves as airport security took our passports, hauled our executive producer into a side room and then demanded to know what we spoke to Ambassador Huckabee about,” Carlson said in a statement to The New York Post.

However, Carlson’s claims have been contradicted by Huckabee and Israeli authorities.

Huckabee, a former Arkansas governor and Fox News host, said on social media platform X that “EVERYONE who comes in/out of Israel (every country for that matter) has passports checked & routinely asked security questions,” including himself, despite holding a diplomatic passport and visa.

The US Embassy in Israel also described the interaction as routine passport control procedures.

The Israel Airports Authority said in a statement that Carlson and his staff “were not detained, delayed, or interrogated.”

They were asked “a few routine questions, in accordance with standard procedures applied to many travelers,” and this conversation took place in a separate room within the VIP lounge to protect their privacy, the statement added.

“No unusual incident occurred, and the Israel Airports Authority firmly rejects any other claims.”

Carlson has faced criticism in recent years over his commentary on Israel, with critics accusing him of amplifying narratives that are hostile to Israel and, at times, antisemitic. He has also questioned Israel’s treatment of Christian communities in the region.

After Fox News canceled his show in April 2023, he launched his own program, “The Tucker Carlson Show” in 2024.

The show has featured controversial figures, including Darryl Cooper, who has made statements widely condemned as Holocaust denial, and white nationalist commentator Nick Fuentes.

In his interview with Fuentes, Carlson labeled Huckabee a “Christian Zionist.”

Carlson has also criticized Huckabee for not doing enough to protect Christian interests in the region. In one video, he said: “Why not go ahead and talk to Christians and find out their side of the story? Why aren’t American Christian leaders like Mike Huckabee or Ted Cruz, people who invoke the Christian Bible to justify what they’re doing, why haven’t they done this?”

Huckabee responded to the video on X, writing: “Instead of talking ABOUT me, why don’t you come talk TO me?  You seem to be generating a lot of heat about the Middle East. Why be afraid of the light?”

Carlson accepted the invitation, and their teams coordinated the interview, leading to his brief visit to Israel.