Pakistan condemns Israel’s fresh assault on Gaza, urges world to uphold ceasefire

Palestinian boys inspect what remains of a destroyed vehicle targeted by the Israeli military, in Gaza City, on November 22, 2025. (AFP)
Short Url
Updated 23 November 2025
Follow

Pakistan condemns Israel’s fresh assault on Gaza, urges world to uphold ceasefire

  • Israel’s fresh strikes on Gaza this Saturday killed 24 Palestinians, wounded another 54
  • Pakistan says Israel’s attacks undermining global efforts aimed at achieving peace, stability

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s foreign office spokesperson on Sunday condemned Israeli forces’ fresh attacks on Gaza, describing them as “blatant violations” of international law and urging world powers to take steps to uphold the fragile ceasefire in the Middle East. 

Palestinian health officials reported at least 24 people killed and another 54 wounded, including children, on Saturday as Israel’s military launched attacks on Gaza. Israel said, without providing evidence, the attacks targeted Hamas fighters. 

The attack takes place days after the UN Security Council approved Washington’s blueprint to secure and govern Gaza. It authorizes an international stabilization force to provide security, approves a transitional authority to be overseen by

President Donald Trump and envisions a possible future path to an independent Palestinian state. 

“Pakistan condemns, in the strongest possible terms, the attacks by Israeli occupying forces across Gaza, which have reportedly resulted in the deaths of several Palestinian civilians, including women and children, and have left many more wounded,” the foreign office spokesperson said. 

Islamabad said the latest attacks violated international law, relevant United Nations resolutions and the recently concluded peace agreement at Sharm el-Sheikh. It stressed Israel’s latest attacks were undermining global efforts aimed at achieving lasting peace and stability in the region. 

“The Government of Pakistan reiterates its call upon the international community to take immediate steps to end Israeli impunity and ceasefire violations, and to uphold international human rights and humanitarian law,” the foreign office spokesperson said. 

Israel has increased its attacks in Gaza this week, threatening the fragile ceasefire in place. At least 33 Palestinians were killed over a 12-hour period on Wednesday and Thursday, mostly women and children, when Israeli military launched strikes in Gaza. 

Pakistan, which does not have diplomatic ties with Israel, has repeatedly criticized it for its war on Gaza which began on Oct. 7, 2023. The Gaza Health Ministry says over 69,000 Palestinians, many of them women and children, have been killed by Israel’s military offensives. 

The toll has gone up during the ceasefire both from new Israeli strikes and from the recovery and identification of bodies of people killed earlier in the war.


Attack on paramilitary post in northwest Pakistan kills seven security personnel, child

Updated 5 sec ago
Follow

Attack on paramilitary post in northwest Pakistan kills seven security personnel, child

  • Blast hits Frontier Corps checkpoint in Bajaur near Afghan border
  • Police recover bodies from rubble as rescue operation continues

ISLAMABAD: An attack on a paramilitary checkpoint in northwest Pakistan killed at least seven security personnel and a child on Monday, officials said, the latest in a series of attacks in a region bordering Afghanistan.

Pakistan has witnessed a steady rise in attacks in the northwestern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province since the Taliban returned to power in Afghanistan in 2021, with most violence targeting police and security forces in former tribal districts along the border.

Islamabad says the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) militant group has reorganized across the frontier and operates from safe havens inside Afghanistan, a charge Kabul rejects, insisting it does not allow its territory to be used against other countries.

The latest attack struck a Frontier Corps (FC) post in the Mamond area of Bajaur district, destroying a small compound where security personnel were stationed.

“We have recovered seven dead bodies, one of them police, and two injured from the debris while search for other bodies is underway,” Deputy Superintendent of Police Niaz Mohammad told Arab News, describing the compound as “a structure comprising four to five rooms.”

Rescue teams continued operations to locate anyone trapped beneath the rubble, officials said.

Police did not comment on the nature of the attack but a statement from the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa chief minister’s office described it as a suicide bombing and confirmed casualties among security personnel and a child.

“The martyrdom of security personnel and a child in the terrorist attack is extremely tragic,” the statement said, adding that emergency services had been instructed to speed up rescue efforts.

Authorities said operations against militants in the province would be intensified.

Districts along Pakistan’s border with Afghanistan, including Bajaur and Bannu, have repeatedly been targeted in bombings and assaults on security checkpoints since a fragile ceasefire between Islamabad and the TTP collapsed in late 2022. Security forces continue to conduct intelligence-based operations in the region, but patrols and outposts remain frequent targets.